By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Black/Dark-Skinned Nintendo Characters?

I didn't even realize they had any.

Um, Marina, I suppose.

Urbosa is by an extremely long distance the best character mentioned in this thread, but she ain't black. I mean, there are other ethnicities besides caucasian and african, she's definitely neither one of those.

Around the Network

Why limit it to Nintendo tho? 
Several Pokemon characters like Nessa and Kiawe are the first that come to mind, but the most memorable is Olivia for me. I guess ill throw in Mike Tyson as well, since i have a soft spot for Punch Out. I cant think of many more that stand out or that I'd consider "the best". 

CaptainExplosion said:

I still count Urbosa and Vandham, because they're supposed to be like black people.

Whats that supposed to mean?

I can't remember any designed by Nintendo from games I've played.
But while I haven't played ARMS, I'm really liking Twintelle's design.

Hiku said:

I can't remember any designed by Nintendo from games I've played.
But while I haven't played ARMS, I'm really liking Twintelle's design.

Incredible design. Nintendo has very few black characters, but when it was time to make another one they blew it out the water ....... I love her. 

Jpcc86 said:

Several Pokemon characters like Nessa and Kiawe are the first that come to mind, but the most memorable is Olivia for me. I guess ill throw in Mike Tyson as well, since i have a soft spot for Punch Out. I cant think of many more that stand out or that I'd consider "the best". 

Yeah, Mike Tyson. One of the great Nintendo characters.

Around the Network

I always thought Jimmy from Wario Ware was black. Just googled it and I was like 😲

Twitter: @d21lewis

JWeinCom said:
Doc Louis
Kirby Sometimes
Yoshi Sometimes
Mega Charizard X
John Henry (Codename S.T.E.A.M)
Michael Edwards (Eternal Darkness)
Mr. Game and Watch

Mega Charizard X is cool but i think shiny Rayquaza is still the coolest :P

If Urbosa's a Gerudo then Gannon is black/Afro-Hyrulian too, no?

Did Link do blackface and dress up as a woman to get into Gerudo Town?

Last edited by Pyro as Bill - on 06 June 2020

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

mZuzek said:
Jpcc86 said:

Yeah, Mike Tyson. One of the great Nintendo characters.

Lost member of the Gerudo clan.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Vodacixi said:
Oh, also Mr. Sandman:

Yeah, but I wanted to talk about black Nintendo characters who are actually nice people.

Xxain said:
CaptainExplosion said:

I still count Urbosa and Vandham, because they're supposed to be like black people.

And to everyone who said characters who are black but not as in African descent, take this seriously or get out.

You do known that when ask about "black characters" that everybody will assume people of African descent (especially in the west). I don't think you understand what your asking. If you meant Dark skinned then fine, but you didnt ask that.

Urbosa is not suppose to be a black person. The Gerudo are the equivalent to middle eastern people in the Zelda world. I would like to ask you - Is Jasmine from Aladdin black?

Vandham is not black man, Dark skinned fine. 

Ok, Biden. Clearly you forgot that countries that are part of the Middle East are in North AFRICA, which was populated by black people before Arabs first came there.

Jpcc86 said:

CaptainExplosion said:

Whats that supposed to mean?

I mean dark-skinned.

This thread has turned into a fucking train wreck. -_-

Last edited by CaptainExplosion - on 06 June 2020