By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Black/Dark-Skinned Nintendo Characters?

Leynos said:

She's more tan in every depiction but all I can think of not mentioned already. Sorta olive skinned I guess.

Yeah but...

Spoiler!

Around the Network

Brock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Leynos said:
CaptainExplosion said:

Will you stop with the olive-skinned thing already?

Huh? I said it once. What's your deal?

My "deal" is I started this thread to honor and appreciate dark-skinned Nintendo characters, and already several people have come in and fucked it up by either not taking it seriously or saying "Vandham ain't black, hurr!!".

I like Iris from Pokemon BW/BW2. Dragon type is really cool and she has a badass team (Axew and his evolution line are my favorite Gen V pokemons)

Last edited by IcaroRibeiro - on 06 June 2020

Black Bowser from Paper Mario Color Splash? Does that count?

Honestly I don't know. I don't really pay attention to the skin color of video games characters. I also don't really care. If the next Zelda game had a Hispanic Link and a Korean Zelda, cool beans I'm buying it all the same. You want to make Samus a naturally red headed black person? I'll buy it as well. What's that, you are making a Hawaiian Peach? Awesome sauce I don't care.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

My "deal" is I started this thread to honor and appreciate dark-skinned Nintendo characters, and already several people have come in and fucked it up by either not taking it seriously or saying "Vandham ain't black, hurr!!".

Its 100% your fault. You want support the black community by talking about Black Nintendo characters - Cool

You then list characters who are not "black", but have dark skin - understand that there are dark skinned indians, middle easterners, mexicans, Hawaiians ext... but they are not black. Do understand that. 

Not that you had do anything about it, I was just informing you.

Now you changed the topic so now its not what its suppose to be about.

Where are you from? 

No idea in general, but I am one of those people who doesn't pay attention to detail and even look at a character and think about their name, skin colour or if they human alien looking, just straight into the game as time is limited these days. For example Pokemon games, I don't read the text, just skip it all and explore the world, no time to see what the character is called, what they look like.

Only names I know (on Nintendo Systems not all from Nintendo) are basically main characters from Mario games, Killer Instinct, Mortal Kombat, Zelda and Punch out as I spent countless months on them or played several versions over the year lol. So it got burnt into my memory. Even then, I didn't stop to think oh i'm now fighting Mike Tyson who is black. To me it was Iron Mike best boxer in the world at the timel.

I excluded sports games for the fact I watch NBA or NFL on TV, you know them by their name.

CaptainExplosion said:
Leynos said:

Olive skin is a darker skin. It's an actual descripter. I never said anything about Vandham so back off.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Brock from Pokemon R/B/Y, obviously!

Although I like him more for his role in the anime than the games. He was only really a bit part in the games, but one of the main anime characters for years.

CaptainExplosion said:
Xxain said:

You do known that when ask about "black characters" that everybody will assume people of African descent (especially in the west). I don't think you understand what your asking. If you meant Dark skinned then fine, but you didnt ask that.

Urbosa is not suppose to be a black person. The Gerudo are the equivalent to middle eastern people in the Zelda world. I would like to ask you - Is Jasmine from Aladdin black?

Vandham is not black man, Dark skinned fine. 

Ok, Biden. Clearly you forgot that countries that are part of the Middle East are in North AFRICA, which was populated by black people before Arabs first came there.

The middle east is in Asia.

The one exception would be Egypt, which is in Africa, but other than that it's in Asia. Besides, the claim that north Africa was (solely) populated by black people prior to the Arabs seems tenuous at best. The Phoenicians arrived in Africa long before the Arabs did and considering they're a Semetic people they'd be most similar to modern day Jews.