By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Outer Worlds Switch port

Yea the third party port studio simping is very weird ngl

Around the Network

I forgive them for porting all three Bioshock games and XCOM 2 too well.. and RELEASED AT THE SAME TIME?? That's craziest work ever done before.

This game doesn't seem to demand power that much, just don't buy it yet, hold off and wait for more patches, give them some chance. This is just one down 4 out of 5.

And sorry, it's not a lazy port, their development work time was ran out. Blame Take-Two interactive for bad management.

mZuzek said:
SKMBlake said:

How can you dissociate image quality from things like foliage or textures (or even shadows, that I didn't mention) ?

...Because they're two different things?

Are they really ? According to Wiki, image quality is "the weighted combination of all of the visually significant attributes of an image"

Thus, not just resolution but everything that you can see which make a(n un)pleasent image.

You have to jump through a lot of hoops to make next gen ports remotely acceptable on Switch. I’m not surprised but mayyybe only play it on handheld mode for your eyes sake

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Yea the third party port studio simping is very weird ngl

Um does that term apply? I’m not being submissive to defend Obsidian. I played the game on Xbox X via Game Pass. I had my way with her at her best for pennies on the dollar :)

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

They put a cutting edge 2019 game on Switch. WTF do you expect?

I think that people that didn't play another version of the game, and that don't watch spec-geek videos like those from DF will be able to enjoy the game just fine.

To be fair: the PC version also runs pretty shitty on an $700 handheld (plus shipping plus import taxes):

View on YouTube

mZuzek said:
SKMBlake said:

Are they really ? According to Wiki, image quality is "the weighted combination of all of the visually significant attributes of an image"

Thus, not just resolution but everything that you can see which make a(n un)pleasent image.

I'm... ugh. Not even gonna try, whatever.

Thanks

Only 69 on Metacritic

This is embarrassing

About four hours in now. Only thing that really annoys me is the framerate drops during fights with enemy mobs outdoors. Exploration and indoor combat is fine, and I can look passed the ugly textures. The core game itself is superb; the depth of customization, fantastic writing, and meaningful choices and consequences keep it enjoyable even if the mechanically excellent combat is somewhat diminished by the performance issues.

shikamaru317 said:

So the important question. Which is the worse port, Ark Survival Evolved or The Outer Worlds?

I wonder how well Ark sold on Switch?

Edit: Oh yeah, definitely Ark is uglier. I had forgotten just how bad it looked. There are N64 games with better graphics, lmao. The Outer Worlds at least looks as good as a 6th gen game. 

This is not even in the same league as Ark, not even remotely. Ark could drop to sub-N64 resolutions even in docked mode, with much worse assets.

Let's not get carried away. It's not a good port, but it's not catastrophic either.