By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - So, are we not gonna talk about this?

Moved to Politics Discussion.

Around the Network

One of my biggest pet peeves is people acting like the world is doomed and has never been worse when statistics show that its actually the opposite.

Too many people cling to hyperbole and fear mongering and it is incredibly grating. That isn't to say that there aren't huge problems facing us today or that we won't hit rough patches (2020 is definitely a rough patch). The George Floyd killing was a huge wake up call and really shows that something needs to be done to fix the police system in America. But overall things are still on a positive trajectory which has been the trend since the 1400s.

Torillian said:

Saying "all lives matter" as a response to "black lives matter" is not done in good faith. It's done to diminish the concerns of black people who face disproportionate police brutality. Well meaning centrists who take the movement's title statement at face value is why it has been so successful. 

Honestly, it's strategically pretty brilliant while disgusting in its intent because the centrist response writes itself. "Well why don't all lives matter?"

Why is this so hard to understand for some people...

Hopefully this whole situation will make people realize that a strong welfare state and helping the weakest segments of the population is essential if we want to avoid social disorder when the situation gets dire.

...who am I kidding.

Well, it didn't take long in this thread before I saw the idiotic "All Lives Matter". Anything that empowers black people is always met with something to put it down, it's sad.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

''Saying crap as all lives matter''? So you are saying some lives are more valuable than others?

I stopped reading at that point.

CBS News seemingly trying to cover up police brutality.

And if this was an 'honest' mistake and they didn't check if the footage they got was doctored, then the people involved need to be fired immediately.

Peaceful protests not allowed in USA.

Crowd chanting "We don't see no riot here, take off your riot gear."

Police respond by opening fire.

I'm sure this senator was looting and being violent.

More criminal disgusting police brutality.

"We're going to start beating the fuck out of you."

Cop suspected of macing a 9-year old girl:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/seattle-cop-accused-of-macing-little-girl-during-protest-investigate/

There's no end to this. I can't even keep up with a fraction of the ones that pop up on my news feed.
Hundreds of officers need to be investigated before this ends, or there can be no justice.

A few bad apples my ass. The whole system needs to be reformed to weed out these people from the very beginning.

Last edited by Hiku - on 02 June 2020

I thought it was forbidden to not have clear topic names

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Human rights aren't a political issue in countries that aren't dictatorships. It only becomes political when certain politicians are against human rights, which is the case in the US. And it'll stay like that forever until people stop voting those politicians into power.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

JWeinCom said:
Moved to Politics Discussion.