By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony DMCA's themselves on Twitter

Immersiveunreality said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yes, good guy sony is out there fighting the good fight to avert our eyes from potential leaks/spoilers...... so much so they're even taking down their own social media attempt at promoting their game

In order to not lose profit and that is understandable.

When you're taking down your own videos by accident, you're not aiming carefully enough, i.e. there's collateral damage. That's hardly acceptable or understandable.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Immersiveunreality said:

When you're taking down your own videos by accident, you're not aiming carefully enough, i.e. there's collateral damage. That's hardly acceptable or understandable.

Acceptable not indeed but understandable yes,mistakes happen and when they happen they can even have a positive effect on the practice going forward if the company in question takes it as a constructive lesson.

We will see about that :p

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

To be fair the leaks are real. So talking about them isn’t an imprecise portrayal. It may lack the full picture of the events leading up to leaked scenes but the scenes are real nonetheless. 

Again I can’t stress enough how wrong it is to blanket ban everything especially non spoiler reactions and non context discussions. It’s wrong plain and simple. 

About anything you pick up and cut a slice and portray can likely be very imprecise and misleading.

I get it but that wasn’t my actual point. It’s the other part you kinda keep dancing around. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Immersiveunreality said:
NobleTeam360 said:

Yes, good guy sony is out there fighting the good fight to avert our eyes from potential leaks/spoilers...... so much so they're even taking down their own social media attempt at promoting their game  

But I was told it was for the Art and the fans! 

SpokenTruth said:
Immersiveunreality said:

Bold: Yes and no,ultimately the federal court can decide if something is fair use or not by using kinda tranformative rules.

These are the four main rules:

• the purpose and character of your use
  • the nature of the copyrighted work
  • the amount and substantiality of the portion taken, and
  • the effect of the use upon the potential market.

All of these rules are debatable depending on the side/position using them and that is what makes this all a bit tricky.

Debatable?  No. It's published material for marketing purposes.  Not debatable. And nobody is reusing the published material and claiming it as their own.

Still debatable in federal court,published material for marketing or not and i'm not talking about this particular scenario but the bolded generalization you made in the previous comment .

NobleTeam360 said:
Immersiveunreality said:

But I was told it was for the Art and the fans! 

Well,almost nothing is 100 percent one way or the other.

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
Otter said:

Nonsense

1. Sales aren't going to be majorly effected because of plot spoilers. It's a 30hr video game.
2. How exactly is this protecting their brand image? The contents of the game will be free for all to discuss, hate on, love etc when its released.

Why is it so hard for some of you to understand that this 20m selling franchise has fans who would rather not have the ending spoiled for them and the people who spent 5 years of their life working on this project would rather not have a bunch of idiots on the internet ruin it for unsuspecting fans.

I'm not sure exactly sure what point you're trying to make? 

I will definitely pick up and (I'm sure) enjoy the game, but this is fun to watch. As a lifelong Nintendo fanboy, I enjoy seeing Sony face plant - despite owning all of their systems :)

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Otter said:
NobleTeam360 said:

I'm not sure exactly sure what point you're trying to make? 

Point: Using “scorched earth” tactics ends up silencing opinions that don’t deserve to be silenced. In this case...themselves lol. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

About anything you pick up and cut a slice and portray can likely be very imprecise and misleading.

I get it but that wasn’t my actual point. It’s the other part you kinda keep dancing around. 

I have replied to your other part at least 3 times but you ignore it.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

I have replied to your other part at least 3 times but you ignore it.

You mentioned it’s cause of the algorithms just blanket blocking anything to save on time individually searching, but that doesn’t excuse it either. Too many people got strikes on their account for merely talking about their reactions, not spoilers themselves.