By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony DMCA's themselves on Twitter

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Naughty Dog games have had that influence on TLOU1 already and UC4 and both broke records, so I don't think they will have major issues.

Not to my knowledge. Both games starred “straight white males” after all. Both played it politically neutral for the most part (didn’t ND reveal Ellie was lesbian after the game came out?) Safe to say ND going in a different direction going forward, as Neil D. has said in interviews since. 

I’m not saying this will kill the hype or whatever, but I am curious what type of impact it will have. 

Then your knowledge was lacking in this =]

The DLC for TLOU had Ellie and her friend showing love for one another. The DLC for UC4 had 2 female protagonist.

And the anita sarkeesian event took place before TLOU.

Ryotsu said:

I'm happy.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:

Not to my knowledge. Both games starred “straight white males” after all. Both played it politically neutral for the most part (didn’t ND reveal Ellie was lesbian after the game came out?) Safe to say ND going in a different direction going forward, as Neil D. has said in interviews since. 

I’m not saying this will kill the hype or whatever, but I am curious what type of impact it will have. 

The DLC for TLOU had Ellie and her friend showing love for one another. The DLC for UC4 had 2 female protagonist.

Ryotsu said:

Oh that’s hardly the same thing as the main games which were played by several millions more then whoever played the dlc. And with Anita it’s been reported she’s been consulting with Druckman in the years since LOU and UC4

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

sales2099 said:
DonFerrari said:

Oh that’s hardly the same thing as the main games which were played by several millions more then whoever played the dlc. And with Anita it’s been reported she’s been consulting with Druckman in the years since LOU and UC4

Both DLCs (standalone games) sold very well and were enjoyable, but again just show this was the direction ND was going for a long time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SpokenTruth said:
Immersiveunreality said:

1) your own sentence is the example,what i said is a reaction to your sentence."Any photos or videos published for marketing purposes falls under Fair Use for they are published materials."I know you claim it is not a generalization but it is one made about ALL published materials for marketing purposes so it clearly is one,it is strange you try to deny such a clear fact.

2) That is why i tell you that you are wrong calling all things published fair use,because they do not lose copyright and if they do not lose copyright it is a big generalization claiming everything published for marketing is fair use.

That is what the law is and not my moral opinion.

1). I mean show an example of how an IP holder is using their marketing material that makes some fair use and some not fair use.

2). Anything published is open to Fair Use by another party provided they stay within the confines of Fair Use policy. See Point 1) above where I'm asking you what published marketing materials are not open to Fair Use.

Any use of pictures and videos that can bring down the marketworth of said product by unrightly transforming it in something it isnt can be considered as not being fair use like videos atm ''proving'' there is an SJW agenda behind the production of The last of us.Those kind of videos could by law be considered as not being fair use.

Bolded: That is what was missing from the generalisation you first made,adding onto it now is besides the argumentation but if that is what you think about it then that should be correct yes.

This is an example that could be considered as not being fair use:

But it does not mean all vids like these will be brought down,they just CAN if the ip owner wants.