By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - We will get UE 5 level of graphic on games from PS5 year one (2020 -2021)

Tagged games:

What do you think

Nah we will see it day one 9 23.68%

Yeah agree 11 28.95%

Nah probably another two years 18 47.37%

Water is wet 0 0%

Total:38
sales2099 said:
Prepare to be disappointed. UE5 won’t even be ready until later next year. Every gen is the same story and every gen people get hyped and let down because the graphics they expect don’t happen until year 2 at the earliest. And even if they do meet expectations, I guarantee FPS and resolution will make compromises.

I don't expect Sony masterpieces to use unreal engine, they have even better tool for their closed system. And Killzone Shadow Fall was every bit as pretty as I expected it to be. Infamous Second Son and DriveClub even more.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
sales2099 said:
Prepare to be disappointed. UE5 won’t even be ready until later next year. Every gen is the same story and every gen people get hyped and let down because the graphics they expect don’t happen until year 2 at the earliest. And even if they do meet expectations, I guarantee FPS and resolution will make compromises.

I don't expect Sony masterpieces to use unreal engine, they have even better tool for their closed system. And Killzone Shadow Fall was every bit as pretty as I expected it to be. Infamous Second Son and DriveClub even more.

People forget that unreal is not the only engine out there. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

eva01beserk said:
DonFerrari said:

People forget that unreal is not the only engine out there. 

And certainly not the most impressive on the graphic front, much less when we look at the specific system engine like Decima on PS4.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

CGI-Quality said:

Well, here's an idea of the exact type of quality you'll get by Jan 2022 (yes, mark it)...

Welll helloo. I hope all next gen grafix are so fine lol

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Absolutely. At least they will give off the same impression of that demo.

Have any of you played late gen games like Star Wars: Fallen Order? Look at how gorgeous they are on PS4/X1. What exactly do you think first party developers are going to be producing with systems 6-8x the current baseline?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
What in that scripted Killzone video was all that impressive?

If you're talking just visuals then sure, both consoles will launch with titles that look as good or better. If you're talking all the effects and physics, lighting, etc, highly doubtful. It's all subjective anyway. Nothing beats RDR2 on consoles to me, not even close considering the scope of the game.

The visuals lol.

At the end of day, optimisation is about finding more efficient ways to do things instead of brute forcing it. Gamers only care about the impressions things give off, not the actual raw poly count, lighting solution behind the work, or whether every physics simulation is live versus some being pre-baked etc.

Mar1217 said:
Hiku said:

God of War art director:

So I think it will be challenging.

The cold shower coming in 

Dont know how that dude came to that conclusion that its not possible to make 30 hrs game with that level of fidelity! Maybe he is talking about the size of 8k textures and zbrushes models! I have been working of UE4 for industrial projects and I am pretty sure in UE5 that same level of fidelity can be achievable even on 4k texture and with smart LOD authorization, developers will find a way to make everything fit in 50gb's.

I think people will be surprised even by UE4 on next gen console. just like Arkham Knight which was an UE3 game. same level of IQ is possible on UE4, UE5 just does it efficiently.. GI will be the game changer.

I think we'll see a few games that surpass the UE5 tech demo during launch year.

Horizon 2 is a safe bet. Maybe the rumored Batman game if it comes out by 2021.

CGI-Quality said:

Well, here's an idea of the exact type of quality you'll get by Jan 2022 (yes, mark it)...

Remember what I said about instancing? 4K? High poly count (8.7m polygons here)? That is a scene I rendered using all of the game engines I could while incorporating everything I've explained since 2018. This is the typical look for an open-linear game in the next generation. So, think Tomb Raider, Uncharted, or Gears of War... This is much like the Epic UE5 demo, but the character is of higher quality (quality you can expect the PS5 and Xbox Series X to pull off). All of that environment is explorable and expansive, even though it's not quite open world. 

☼ Assets from CryEngine, Unreal, and Zbrush
☼ Character was built by me, environment by a colleague
☼ Raytracing: The Sword Reflections, GI, and Self/Soft Shadows

When the first PS5 exclusives are shown off, come back and compare. Hint: You're welcome :)

That looks great! Would love to see some footage of it :) 

In any case, the tech demo seems totally doable when you consider it took 24 people just 6 months to build it from scratch. Not sure how much GB's the demo was, though, and I'm guessing they showed off streaming 8k assets more to show that it is possible rather than if developers actually should. I bet studios will be outsourcing a lot of assets creation and the end credits of next gen games will look like a Marvel movie.

twintail said:
Yeah, I think Horizon 2 (year 1) will look comparable, if not better.

i also think you aren't going to see native 4k but checkerboarding techniques. The ones Sony devs use are so good already that they would have surely bettered the process for their PS5 titles

Why not. There have been native 4k games on big titles on xbox one x. Next gen consoles are more powerful so native 4k should be easily done :). We don't need 1080p games next gen.