Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you were owning both wii and ds? If you had only one of the two, what was the reason for that?

How many of you were owning both wii and ds?

Both 54 72.97%

WIi 13 17.57%

DS 7 9.46%

Total:74

Wii, WiiU, Switch for me, I don't like handhelds at all.

However I did buy 3DS and Switch lite for my kids. I think it was a 3DS, 2 screens. It played DS games anyway, lot cheaper than 3DS games!

Around the Network

I have both but didn't buy during their peak.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Just a wii. I wanted one because the excite truck demo fooled me into thinking motion controls were finally viable and that the wii would adapt that tech to a game library similar to gamecube. Metroid prime 3 was an early pre-motion + stand out, but for the most part it ended up being pretty disappointIng in hindsight. had been waiting for a motion control reality since the activator ads in the gaming magazines in the early 90s. I ended up winning a wii in a drawing at my job. Ive always been pretty poor so when I finally got a handeld a few years later it was a gameboy advance. Bought it and returned it cuz there was no backlight, then bought and returned the sp model cuz there was no headphone jack.

Both, but the wii is somewhere in a box of crap. Still got my DS, play it every now and then. 

Devour me like your unborn fetus 

I owned both. I've pretty much wound up buying every major console/handheld to be released since I reached working age. Except XBox One, but Gamepass is mighty tempting.

Around the Network

Only Wii.

I don't like handhelds, so no reason to get a DS.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 May 2020

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series X will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

I didn’t own any of the 2 myself, but my family had a Wii, my sister used it more than anyone, and she also had a DS, the reason why we had a wii was to play party/family games together, during that time, I had a PS3, PSP and Xbox 360, never used the Wii to play anything for myself.

I had a DS. Bought 2 actually. I was trying to buy a Wii for a spell, but this was during the period when they were almost impossible to find. I tried 6? 7? 8? times and gave up. I suppose that's really the main reason I never had a Wii. After my PS3 library grew a bit, I no longer cared if I got one, so that was a factor too.

F**k Ubisoft!

Chinese food for breakfast

I bought both at their respective launch.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

IcaroRibeiro said:

- I already had a pretty old PS2, so whats to point having a Wii?

Ouch! lol

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Make Your Switch Games Sharper! Improve Picture Quality without Hacks or Mods – Bit Sized, Episode 4