By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you were owning both wii and ds? If you had only one of the two, what was the reason for that?

How many of you were owning both wii and ds?

Both 54 72.97%

WIi 13 17.57%

DS 7 9.46%

Total:74

Only Wii.

I don't like handhelds, so no reason to get a DS.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 May 2020

Around the Network

I didn’t own any of the 2 myself, but my family had a Wii, my sister used it more than anyone, and she also had a DS, the reason why we had a wii was to play party/family games together, during that time, I had a PS3, PSP and Xbox 360, never used the Wii to play anything for myself.

I had a DS. Bought 2 actually. I was trying to buy a Wii for a spell, but this was during the period when they were almost impossible to find. I tried 6? 7? 8? times and gave up. I suppose that's really the main reason I never had a Wii. After my PS3 library grew a bit, I no longer cared if I got one, so that was a factor too.

F**k Ubisoft!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

IcaroRibeiro said:

- I already had a pretty old PS2, so whats to point having a Wii?

Ouch! lol

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

I had both of them. I had more fun with the Wii than the DS

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I have both. Great systems.

Own both.

Had a DS first and then bought a Wii later.

Definitely played Wii more, even if I played on the DS a lot too.

I own both but spent a lot more time playing on the Wii. Hell, I spent a lot more time playing MKwii than DS
I bought the DS beacause I wanted to play Spirit Tracks, Phantom Hourglas and Metroid Prime Hunters. Ended up playing some other games too.

I owned both or at least my family did.

DS was the point at which I started realising I don't care for handheld gaming. Pokemon was the only thing I really invested any time in.

Wii brought me many loved experiences including Wii sports/resort, twilight princess, Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3/Brawl/Mario Kart.

StuOhQ said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

- I already had a pretty old PS2, so whats to point having a Wii?

Ouch! lol

Keep in mind I was 10 to 12 years old. My parents were the ones who bought me things, how could I ask for another console when I already had a home console and a portable? I actually think by that time I was asking for a mobile phone