By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How many of you were owning both wii and ds? If you had only one of the two, what was the reason for that?

How many of you were owning both wii and ds?

Both 54 72.97%

WIi 13 17.57%

DS 7 9.46%

Total:74

I owned Wii because my GCN was dead and i wanted to play GCN games again lol and also owned DS-Lite(before owning Wii) for dual screen & touching(ehem ehem) gameplay as well as GBA backward compatible for better light screen.

Around the Network

I owned both. I still have my DS to this day. Spent considerably more time on the DS too.

I had all 3 systems last-gen and both handhelds. PSP and DS. Sorry I have. I still own them. 360 and PS3 are still hooked up and lately been playing my PSP.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Was a Nintendo guy until the Wii’s motion controls turned me off. Went to 360 and the rest is history. But I still owned a DS and 3DS. Great games and still allowed me to be connected to Nintendo

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

I own both . They are fun ,unique and full of games for family and some good single player games and JRPG

Around the Network

Wii, WiiU, Switch for me, I don't like handhelds at all.

However I did buy 3DS and Switch lite for my kids. I think it was a 3DS, 2 screens. It played DS games anyway, lot cheaper than 3DS games!

I have both but didn't buy during their peak.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Just a wii. I wanted one because the excite truck demo fooled me into thinking motion controls were finally viable and that the wii would adapt that tech to a game library similar to gamecube. Metroid prime 3 was an early pre-motion + stand out, but for the most part it ended up being pretty disappointIng in hindsight. had been waiting for a motion control reality since the activator ads in the gaming magazines in the early 90s. I ended up winning a wii in a drawing at my job. Ive always been pretty poor so when I finally got a handeld a few years later it was a gameboy advance. Bought it and returned it cuz there was no backlight, then bought and returned the sp model cuz there was no headphone jack.

Both, but the wii is somewhere in a box of crap. Still got my DS, play it every now and then. 

If you require alcohol to have fun, then you have a problem

I owned both. I've pretty much wound up buying every major console/handheld to be released since I reached working age. Except XBox One, but Gamepass is mighty tempting.