By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Star Fox game would you recommend?

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

The closest thing to a good Starfox game since 1997 is the Switch version of Starlink

Except for the fact it's nothing like a Star Fox game

Space and land combat where you can play as an Arwing, in spite of its flaws it sure beats the heck out of garbage like Adventures/Assault/Command/Zero.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

Except for the fact it's nothing like a Star Fox game

Space and land combat where you can play as an Arwing, in spite of its flaws it sure beats the heck out of garbage like Adventures/Assault/Command/Zero.

What flaws? Just curious, I want to try this game.

From what I see, Nintendo could take some inspiration from this game for the next Starfox. I am not against a SF 64 remake, with the world map levels and the on rails segments, but it would be nice if they try a more modern approach.

We reap what we sow

160rmf said:
curl-6 said:

What flaws? Just curious, I want to try this game.

From what I see, Nintendo could take some inspiration from this game for the next Starfox. I am not against a SF 64 remake, with the world map levels and the on rails segments, but it would be nice if they try a more modern approach.

It had the usual Ubisoft issue of the game world being mostly empty space with points of interest spread too widely apart, plus combat kinda lacked impact and punch. It's still a decent game though.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

It had the usual Ubisoft issue of the game world being mostly empty space with points of interest spread too widely apart, plus combat kinda lacked impact and punch. It's still a decent game though.

And also the points were "interest" were incredibly repetitive, and all of the enemies, including even the final boss, were pretty much the same.

True. I confess, I'd probably be a lot harder on the game if it didn't have the nostalgia factor of featuring Starfox and flying an Arwing.

Lylat Wars AKA Star Fox 64. The others aren't very good games IMO.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Dulfite said:
Starfox Adventures baby! My favorite one of the bunch. Come at me!

Forgot about that one but it's actually pretty great. Beautiful production values. Only "bad" when compared to Zelda.

Great game with some flaws, but worth playing, absolutely.

mZuzek said:
star fox adventures sucks

This, basically.

I'd only recommend it to an aspiring game developer who wants to know how NOT to make a Zelda-type game.

mZuzek said:

Oh, I get it. I'm picking up on what you're putting down! 

Played Star Fox 64 3D for the first time after not playing the original in ages.

I gotta say, going for all the medals is a pretty addicting experience.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

mZuzek said: