By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Star Fox game would you recommend?

mZuzek said:
star fox adventures sucks

Oh, I get it. I'm picking up on what you're putting down! 

Twitter: @d21lewis

Around the Network

Played Star Fox 64 3D for the first time after not playing the original in ages.

I gotta say, going for all the medals is a pretty addicting experience.

mZuzek said:

Ultrashroomz said:
Played Star Fox 64 3D for the first time after not playing the original in ages.

I gotta say, going for all the medals is a pretty addicting experience.

I save scummed the shit out of SF643D for those medals in a way that wasn't possible in the original. Imagine being an hour or two into the game and having one shot at getting the medal on a state like Area 6 or Venom, and having to restart the whole game if you don't because even restarting a stage after you beat it takes a life and puts you back at three bombs and the weakest lasers.

curl-6 said:
mZuzek said:

This, basically.

I'd only recommend it to an aspiring game developer who wants to know how NOT to make a Zelda-type game.

Most people start with Sticker Star when pointing out Miyamoto's meddling; I start with that game.

Around the Network
burninmylight said:
curl-6 said:

This, basically.

I'd only recommend it to an aspiring game developer who wants to know how NOT to make a Zelda-type game.

Most people start with Sticker Star when pointing out Miyamoto's meddling; I start with that game.

Same, that and Starfox Zero which he similarly butchered.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

burninmylight said:
curl-6 said:

This, basically.

But that would be false. Miyamoto produced the first two Paper Mario games, but I don't think he had much or anything to do with Sticker Star or later Paper Mario games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

curl-6 said:
burninmylight said:

Also false. Miyamoto produced every Star Fox game, not just Zero.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
curl-6 said:

Also false. Miyamoto produced every Star Fox game, not just Zero.

Yeah but back when he produced the SNES and 64 games he was still a genius and hadn't yet lost his touch.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
burninmylight said:

The difference being that Star Fox Zero didn't really do anything negative for the IP going forward. I mean, it's failure can be harmful in the sense that it may make Nintendo not want to revisit the franchise, but like, at least when we do get a new game, it doesn't need to have anything to do with what happened in Zero. And true, it might not need to have to do with the Adventures stuff either, but if they do ignore the content that was added in Adventures, there's always gonna be those salty fans complaining about it - and as long as there are salty fans complaining about something, you can't entirely discard the possibility of it happening.