-Burnout Legends
-Crimson Gem Saga
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Jeanne D'Arc
-Resistance Retribution
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
-Final Fantasy Crisis Core
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier

And don't get me started on the PS1 games I missed out on like Grandia and Xenogears.

DS Top 10 (in no particular order)
-New Super Mario Bros.
-Advance Wars Dual Strike
-Advance Wars Days of Ruin
-Mario Kart DS (my first online game, EVER)
-Super Mario 64
-Tetris
-Metroid Prime Hunters (kinda sucked, though)
-Crono Trigger
- can't think of a tenth game so I'm gonna add Soul Calibur Broken Destiny for PSP. The DS library is so bad, I have to add a PSP game to make it look good. You're welcome.

And the GBA games were great as well. Metroid Fusion, Zero Mission, and the Super Mario Advance games really stand out.

Both systems had spectacular libraries but the PSP suited my tastes more at the time. Tons of great games in virtually every genre. My daughter an I owned 2 PSPs and 6 DS systems total (3 original, 2 Lites, and one DSi). We loved the console but I just can't see myself going back to play games like Cooking Mama or Nintendogs instead of Metal Gear Portable Ops or Syphon Filter Dark Mirror.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 22 May 2020

Around the Network

Sorry Sony fans, but only one system had 'Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure' and it wasn't the PSP.

I had a DS and my neighbour had a PSP

I liked his PSP far better

The DS. Touchscreen, excellent battery life, the clamshell design protected the screen while being carried around and sent the system into sleep mode as soon as closed without pressing any other buttons, a software library of over 3,000 games, backwards compatibility with GBA games, and no need for costly proprietary memory cards.

gergroy said:
PSP was the better hardware by far. I still say the dual screens is a stupid design, just do one screen! Everybody only ever looked at the top screen unless there was some dumb gimmick that made you try and hold a stylus and push buttons at the same time... however, the DS was by far the better supported system with games so it wins, even though it is a stupid design...

When you play a game where you switch between menus, a second screen where the menu is always visible is a godsend. This is the case with Chrono Trigger on the DS, which still is imo the best version of all. 

Around the Network
Mandalore76 said:
The DS. Touchscreen, excellent battery life, the clamshell design protected the screen while being carried around and sent the system into sleep mode as soon as closed without pressing any other buttons, a software library of over 3,000 games, backwards compatibility with GBA games, and no need for costly proprietary memory cards.

PSP memory cards weren't really expensive at all. They were made by a lot of different companies. I think they were just digital camera memory cards. I'm sure they were more expensive than nothing (DS didn't need anything extra) but it wasn't a PlayStation Vita situation.

One thing about that clamshell design that plagued the original DS--broken hinges. All three of my originals broke. The Lite was awesome, though. And it had muuuuch better screen quality.

Last edited by d21lewis - on 22 May 2020

Nintendo DS without a doubt, it has some of my favourite games of all time.

I got a PSP for free from the supermarket, but I couldn't find any games for it that interested me.

d21lewis said:
Mandalore76 said:

PSP memory cards weren't really expensive at all. They were made by a lot of different companies. I think they were just digital camera memory cards. I'm sure they were more expensive than nothing (DS didn't need anything extra) but it wasn't a PlayStation Vita situation.

One thing about that clamshell design that plagued the original DS--broken hinges. All three of my originals broke. The Lite was awesome, though. And it had muuuuch better screen quality.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.

Mandalore76 said:
d21lewis said:

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.

My kid was part of the problem. She even used a nail--yes, a NAIL as a stylus, once. Until about 2008 or 2009, she was known as "The Executioner" of DS systems and "The Deleter of Saves". 😂

d21lewis said:
Mandalore76 said:

My kid was part of the problem. She even used a nail--yes, a NAIL as a stylus, once. Until about 2008 or 2009, she was known as "The Executioner" of DS systems and "The Deleter of Saves". 😂

LOL!  Thanks, that genuinely made me laugh out loud.   My nephews were very young at the time that I was carrying my DS on trips to visit them.  The youngest would always beg to play with it.  He left his mark on the touchscreen which I think made me a permanent convert to buying screen protectors for everything.