Which was better?

DS 62 65.96%
 
PSP 32 34.04%
 
Total:94

Nintendo DS without a doubt, it has some of my favourite games of all time.

I got a PSP for free from the supermarket, but I couldn't find any games for it that interested me.



Around the Network
d21lewis said:
Mandalore76 said:
The DS. Touchscreen, excellent battery life, the clamshell design protected the screen while being carried around and sent the system into sleep mode as soon as closed without pressing any other buttons, a software library of over 3,000 games, backwards compatibility with GBA games, and no need for costly proprietary memory cards.

PSP memory cards weren't really expensive at all. They were made by a lot of different companies. I think they were just digital camera memory cards. I'm sure they were more expensive than nothing (DS didn't need anything extra) but it wasn't a PlayStation Vita situation.

One thing about that clamshell design that plagued the original DS--broken hinges. All three of my originals broke. The Lite was awesome, though. And it had muuuuch better screen quality.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.



Mandalore76 said:
d21lewis said:

PSP memory cards weren't really expensive at all. They were made by a lot of different companies. I think they were just digital camera memory cards. I'm sure they were more expensive than nothing (DS didn't need anything extra) but it wasn't a PlayStation Vita situation.

One thing about that clamshell design that plagued the original DS--broken hinges. All three of my originals broke. The Lite was awesome, though. And it had muuuuch better screen quality.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.

My kid was part of the problem. She even used a nail--yes, a NAIL as a stylus, once. Until about 2008 or 2009, she was known as "The Executioner" of DS systems and "The Deleter of Saves". 😂



mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

d21lewis said:
Mandalore76 said:

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.

My kid was part of the problem. She even used a nail--yes, a NAIL as a stylus, once. Until about 2008 or 2009, she was known as "The Executioner" of DS systems and "The Deleter of Saves". 😂

LOL!  Thanks, that genuinely made me laugh out loud.   My nephews were very young at the time that I was carrying my DS on trips to visit them.  The youngest would always beg to play with it.  He left his mark on the touchscreen which I think made me a permanent convert to buying screen protectors for everything.



d21lewis said:

My PSP Top 10 (in no particular order)
-Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker
-God of War: Ghost of Sparta
-Burnout Legends
-Crimson Gem Saga
-Final Fantasy Tactics
-Jeanne D'Arc
-Resistance Retribution
-Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
-Final Fantasy Crisis Core
-Jak and Daxter The Lost Frontier

Good list, but where are God of War: Chains of Olympus, Daxter, Persona 3 Portable, RIIIIIIIDGE Racer, Ratchet & Clank: Size Matters, Secret Agent: Clank, LocoRoco 1 + 2 and GTA Liberty + Vice City Stories?



Around the Network

Kinda forgot but the DS had also the original Professor Layton Trilogy and the first western release of the original Ace Attorney trilogy.

Damn ! The more I remember it's library, the more I rediscover incredible gems.
Puzzle and Adventure(VN) games were thriving there !



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mandalore76 said:
d21lewis said:

PSP memory cards weren't really expensive at all. They were made by a lot of different companies. I think they were just digital camera memory cards. I'm sure they were more expensive than nothing (DS didn't need anything extra) but it wasn't a PlayStation Vita situation.

One thing about that clamshell design that plagued the original DS--broken hinges. All three of my originals broke. The Lite was awesome, though. And it had muuuuch better screen quality.

I've heard a lot of complaints about the original DS hinge breaking, so I don't doubt it was true.  I must have been lucky though.  I still have my original blue clamshell from 15 years ago and never upgraded to the other designs.  I used to bring it to work and everything back then.

White DS lits had hinge cracking and mine did. Sent it in they fixed it. Problem arose again. I never replaced it.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Mandalore76 said:
The DS. Touchscreen, excellent battery life, the clamshell design protected the screen while being carried around and sent the system into sleep mode as soon as closed without pressing any other buttons, a software library of over 3,000 games, backwards compatibility with GBA games, and no need for costly proprietary memory cards.

I got my PSP when it was still relevant and I got a 4GB memory card for $8. Hardly costly at all.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!

Leynos said:
Mandalore76 said:
The DS. Touchscreen, excellent battery life, the clamshell design protected the screen while being carried around and sent the system into sleep mode as soon as closed without pressing any other buttons, a software library of over 3,000 games, backwards compatibility with GBA games, and no need for costly proprietary memory cards.

I got my PSP when it was still relevant and I got a 4GB memory card for $8. Hardly costly at all.

I have about 18 PSP games. Needed a 32GB card to fit all the PS3 Style game installs onto it. That card cost me $30 in 2019. I know a 4GB card would barely hold a few game installs, and not installing the game would make it run slower and/or take up battery life. I forget. 



The sentence below is false. 
The sentence above is true. 

Currently playing Skryim modded to hell and back. 

https://www.ultimateskyrim.com/

My games are physical so I dunno. I pop in a game and it's ready to go right away. Prob brings batt life down some since PSP uses a disc drive. PSP batt life was never a big issue for me tho.



Bite my shiny metal Cockpit!