By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Which was better?

DS 62 65.96%

PSP 32 34.04%

Total:94

PSP for me.
It was my "smartphone" until like 2010. Maybe even longer.
-Great games. Felt almost like having a PS2 in my pocket.
-First time I went full digital.
-pictures, music, movies, browser, wallpapers, online play, emulators,

The PSP was a beast. The DS was a toy. A really fun toy with some classics and some innovative ideas but not on the same level as a PSP. I've been playing portables since the original Gameboy but I don't think I've ever enjoyed one more than PSP, even now.

Best handheld, ever.

Around the Network

There are still games I go back to play on my DS, but aside from two Mega Man remakes nothing I really have any desire to play on PSP. So, DS.

PSP was the better hardware by far. I still say the dual screens is a stupid design, just do one screen! Everybody only ever looked at the top screen unless there was some dumb gimmick that made you try and hold a stylus and push buttons at the same time... however, the DS was by far the better supported system with games so it wins, even though it is a stupid design...

I liked them both a lot. I think I have to give the edge to PSP. It had my favorite game of the two systems which was Crisis Core. Both were good systems though that I want to revisit. I missed some of the good games on both.

The DS hands down. When it was unveiled people thought Nintendo had lost their mind but that touch screen, that easy WiFi integration and playing multiplayer with other users with 1 game card felt truly revolutionary in the day. Some of the software was ground breaking and the sales of the console show that...

Around the Network
gergroy said:
PSP was the better hardware by far. I still say the dual screens is a stupid design, just do one screen! Everybody only ever looked at the top screen unless there was some dumb gimmick that made you try and hold a stylus and push buttons at the same time... however, the DS was by far the better supported system with games so it wins, even though it is a stupid design...

Nah, the bottom screen was where developers put all the UI icons. This uncluttered the main screen, which needed to be uncluttered to see what was going on, on such a small screen.

The PSP had exactly zero games that ever interested me in any capacity over the course of its entire life, while the DS had a few. Even Vita had one game that interested me. My cousin bought a PSP because that was the ‘cool’ thing to do, but then he had the same problem with it that I had, so he just proceeded to keep borrowing my DS instead.

So, DS, PSP might as well not have existed as far as I’m concerned.

PSP because CFW. You could emulate anything up to the PS1 on that little sucker and even some N64 games which was a friggin' miracle back then. The PSP also had some great exclusives. It was a well-worthy successor to the GBA to all the folks Like me who nevera really got warm with gimmicks like two screens and a touchscreen.

I don't want to say the DS was bad. But for me personally, the PSP was way better. It was this little system that introduced me, a formar diehard Ninty Fanboy, into the world of PlayStation.

It's a pity Sony doesn't do Handhelds anymore. But on the other hand, the switch is a superb system, so I'm good.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Honestly, I feel like the PSP is the most underrated system of all time. Just browse through it's gaming library and you will find more unique and original title than what most systems offer up today. I owned both, but I owned upwards of 80 PSP games at one point, while my DS library toped out at ~10 titles. I actually enjoyed my 3DS way more than my DS. The DS was an amazing little machine but oh man most of its titles did not age well. So yeah, PSP by a mile for me

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

PSP hands down. Aged better for one thing. While both are great. PSP is underrated with the insane arcade and RPGs on the system. Also have my fave game of all time...ok so does DS but PSP has the best version. Ys 1. PSP 3000 screen still looks nice. DS screen...eh. DS is a fantastic machine. I enjoyed the hell out of it but while the PSP doesn't have as much. What I do have I enjoy more overall. It also has one of the greatest remakes/reboots of all time. Ys Oath of Felghana, which is a remake/reboot of Ys III. My god what an improvement. Plus that soundtrack holy shit!

PSP has one of my fave Saturn games on it. Princess Crown which is a pre-cursor to Vanillaware games like Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown. This is essentially their first game. After Atlus made PC, the bulk of the PC team left Atlus to form Vanillaware.

I'm currently playing Crisis Core on PSP.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!