Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we talk about The Wonderful 101 laughable Demaster?

OTBWY said:
There goes all hope of ever getting a sequel or any character of the game in Smash.

Meh, I really don't think this will have significant impact on its sales. The frame rate is inconsistent, nothing about it being unplayable. Fact is it still had enough interest to muster 2m in funds

Around the Network

no wonder I had no idea it was 'remastered'

sounds like they just took the $2,000,000 and decided to keep as much of it as possible

is there anything left for the WiiU btw, Pikmin 3 (for now) and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
no wonder I had no idea it was 'remastered'

sounds like they just took the $2,000,000 and decided to keep as much of it as possible

is there anything left for the WiiU btw, Pikmin 3 (for now) and Xenoblade Chronicles X?

Besides Pikmin 3 and XCX the Wii U still has Super Mario 3D World (for now), Star Fox Zero, The Wind Waker HD (for now), Twilight Princess HD (for now), NintendoLand (obviously), Splatoon 1 (obviously), Paper Mario: Color Splash, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse, Sonic Boom (thankfully), Project Zero: Maiden of the Black Water, Mario Party 10 and Devil's Third. There are some eShop only games too like Pushmo World, Affordable Space Adventures, Star Fox Guard and Nano Assault Neo. It also has the only version of ZombiU that doesn't actually suck.

Finally, some of these games, while might be ported to the Switch in the future, will not be as good as they were on the Wii U. The Wii U was a failure, but it's undeniable that its second screen allowed for some gameplay improvements that are being and will be lost with every port to any other platform. There are entire games that will not be able to be ported at all like Affordable Space Adventures or NintendoLand.

So, as for the question: Is there anything left for the Wii U? Yes, there will always be. Because for better and worse, the Wii U was a unique platform that presented some games in unique ways.

Mr.GameCrazy said:

I really hope PlatinumGames patches the Switch version of the game so that we could run the game at 720p in docked mode. I care more about performance than 1080p.

I wouldn't expect it

Otter said:
Goatseye said:

Microsoft handled hundreds of BC titles ranging from OG Xbox to X360 titles, better than this steamy pos, PG called remaster. And they were all free of charge if previously owned.

I'm pretty sure that's from system wide emulation and they just individually play/test each title for adjustments. Not the same as porting an individual games code.

There's no doubt that this is a lazy port though

That is the joke, that the emulation with smart delivery that updates res and fps across the board have a better effect than an individual port one.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

DonFerrari said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I really hope PlatinumGames patches the Switch version of the game so that we could run the game at 720p in docked mode. I care more about performance than 1080p.

I wouldn't expect it

Otter said:

I'm pretty sure that's from system wide emulation and they just individually play/test each title for adjustments. Not the same as porting an individual games code.

There's no doubt that this is a lazy port though

That is the joke, that the emulation with smart delivery that updates res and fps across the board have a better effect than an individual port one.

Given the gulf in specs between Xbox/Xbox 360 and Xbox One I think its actually reasonable. The Switch probably couldn't emulate the Wii U even if it wanted to.

Around the Network

It's obvious they were either lazy with it or they rushed it when it wasn't ready. The fact it runs worse on PS4 and Switch than Wii U shows this. It's a bad port.

Otter said:
DonFerrari said:

I wouldn't expect it

Given the gulf in specs between Xbox/Xbox 360 and Xbox One I think its actually reasonable. The Switch probably couldn't emulate the Wii U even if it wanted to.

What about PS4Pro and PCs not being much better than WiiU?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Vodacixi said:

What do you guys think about this?

You're absolutely right, this remaster is laughable and trash. If they cannot do the port job properly, maybe they should've just go for a remake, like Xenoblade DE.

Cause running low even on PS4 is not a good job, the Switch being the main platform.

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

DonFerrari said:
Otter said:

What about PS4Pro and PCs not being much better than WiiU?

Console wise the PS4 version is 1080p with aliasing and a mostly stable 60. Thats a good step above the Wii U version and a solid "port" as oppose to remaster. There is no PS4 Pro mode to be quite frank which is lazy indeed.

they should have made it a remake

joke aside
this once again strengthens my feelings regarding remasters and remakes

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.