Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we talk about The Wonderful 101 laughable Demaster?

Mandalore76 said:
Barozi said:

You couldn't be more wrong.

Nathan Drake Collection was $60 for 3 games.
God of War III Remastered was $40.
MediEvil was $30.
The Last of Us Remastered was $50 (1 year old port with all DLCs included).
Quantic Dream Collection was $40 for 3 games.

3rd party remasters were cheaper as well.

Collections of Spyro, Crash, Bioshock, Assassin's Creed Ezio Collection included 3 games each for a maximum of $60 ($20 a game).
Metro, Batman Arkham, Assassin's Creed III, Borderlands, FFX/X-2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance included 2 games often below $60.

Single remasters were usually between $20 and $40 but pretty much every one of them had meaty DLCs that were included.

Not arguing against the gist of your point, but MediEvil was a PS1 game, so it's weird to include it in an argument regarding pricing of PS4 remasters of PS3 games.

MediEvil is a remake so it is a stronger point.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network

The PC version is also capped at 59fps not 60, so if you don't have gsync or freesync the game will not appear smooth at all.

DonFerrari said:
Mr.GameCrazy said:

I really hope PlatinumGames patches the Switch version of the game so that we could run the game at 720p in docked mode. I care more about performance than 1080p.

I wouldn't expect it

Otter said:

I'm pretty sure that's from system wide emulation and they just individually play/test each title for adjustments. Not the same as porting an individual games code.

There's no doubt that this is a lazy port though

That is the joke, that the emulation with smart delivery that updates res and fps across the board have a better effect than an individual port one.

I've read a few things about what people think Smart Delivery is here on VGC and I don't think people are fully understanding the concept.

Smart Delivery means you can buy any one version you like (Xbox One or Series X) but you're able to play that game on either console as the console will decide what version to download. Smart Delivery therefore has nothing to do with emulation or graphics.

I think you're talking about the enhancements of emulated games like OG Xbox and 360 games on Xbox One. There might be similar enhancements of BC games on Series X but we don't know any details. These enhancements happen automatically due to the way the emulator works.

What we do know is that some future BC games will receive an Series X enhancement update much like the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro did. Comparable to 360 BC games that saw 4k patches on Xbox One X. These updates will be optimized to get the most out of the new console. However, there are still Xbox One games!

How dare you post something negative about a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fanboy dominated website. And even expect geniune feedback and discussion Where are your senses??

❌ BANNED: (extensive trolling of Nintendo and/or Nintendo fans) ~ CGI

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 May 2020

kirby007 said:

they should have made it a remake

You just stole my joke I made earlier

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:
kirby007 said:

missed it, good one!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Drakrami said:
How dare you post something negative about a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fanboy dominated website. And even expect geniune feedback and discussion Where are your senses??

Wonderful 101 isn't a Nintendo game anymore, though.

Barozi said:
DonFerrari said:

I wouldn't expect it

That is the joke, that the emulation with smart delivery that updates res and fps across the board have a better effect than an individual port one.

I've read a few things about what people think Smart Delivery is here on VGC and I don't think people are fully understanding the concept.

Smart Delivery means you can buy any one version you like (Xbox One or Series X) but you're able to play that game on either console as the console will decide what version to download. Smart Delivery therefore has nothing to do with emulation or graphics.

I think you're talking about the enhancements of emulated games like OG Xbox and 360 games on Xbox One. There might be similar enhancements of BC games on Series X but we don't know any details. These enhancements happen automatically due to the way the emulator works.

What we do know is that some future BC games will receive an Series X enhancement update much like the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro did. Comparable to 360 BC games that saw 4k patches on Xbox One X. These updates will be optimized to get the most out of the new console. However, there are still Xbox One games!

MS already confirmed that all games from Xb og, 360 and One will be improved on XSX, I don't remember the name of the algorithm. But I put it together with the smart delivery because the premisse in the end is the same. For every game available on XSX you'll always play the best version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

SKMBlake said:
kirby007 said:

Then this never would have happened. Nintendo gave them permission for the port. If they had the money to do a remake,then I rather they just make a sequel with the money.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Drakrami said:

Wonderful 101 isn't a Nintendo game anymore, though.

They still co-own the IP along with Platinum. Nintendo just gave the go-ahead to port it but they would have to fund it on their own.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!