By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Can we talk about The Wonderful 101 laughable Demaster?

SKMBlake said:
kirby007 said:

they should have made it a remake

You just stole my joke I made earlier

missed it, good one!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network
Drakrami said:
How dare you post something negative about a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fanboy dominated website. And even expect geniune feedback and discussion Where are your senses??

Wonderful 101 isn't a Nintendo game anymore, though.

Barozi said:
DonFerrari said:

I wouldn't expect it

That is the joke, that the emulation with smart delivery that updates res and fps across the board have a better effect than an individual port one.

I've read a few things about what people think Smart Delivery is here on VGC and I don't think people are fully understanding the concept.

Smart Delivery means you can buy any one version you like (Xbox One or Series X) but you're able to play that game on either console as the console will decide what version to download. Smart Delivery therefore has nothing to do with emulation or graphics.

I think you're talking about the enhancements of emulated games like OG Xbox and 360 games on Xbox One. There might be similar enhancements of BC games on Series X but we don't know any details. These enhancements happen automatically due to the way the emulator works.

What we do know is that some future BC games will receive an Series X enhancement update much like the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro did. Comparable to 360 BC games that saw 4k patches on Xbox One X. These updates will be optimized to get the most out of the new console. However, there are still Xbox One games!

MS already confirmed that all games from Xb og, 360 and One will be improved on XSX, I don't remember the name of the algorithm. But I put it together with the smart delivery because the premisse in the end is the same. For every game available on XSX you'll always play the best version.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

SKMBlake said:
kirby007 said:

they should have made it a remake

Then this never would have happened. Nintendo gave them permission for the port. If they had the money to do a remake,then I rather they just make a sequel with the money.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Mr.GameCrazy said:
Drakrami said:
How dare you post something negative about a Nintendo game on a Nintendo fanboy dominated website. And even expect geniune feedback and discussion Where are your senses??

Wonderful 101 isn't a Nintendo game anymore, though.

They still co-own the IP along with Platinum. Nintendo just gave the go-ahead to port it but they would have to fund it on their own.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
Leynos said:
SKMBlake said:

Then this never would have happened. Nintendo gave them permission for the port. If they had the money to do a remake,then I rather they just make a sequel with the money.

HELL YE BROTHA

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

DonFerrari said:
Barozi said:

I've read a few things about what people think Smart Delivery is here on VGC and I don't think people are fully understanding the concept.

Smart Delivery means you can buy any one version you like (Xbox One or Series X) but you're able to play that game on either console as the console will decide what version to download. Smart Delivery therefore has nothing to do with emulation or graphics.

I think you're talking about the enhancements of emulated games like OG Xbox and 360 games on Xbox One. There might be similar enhancements of BC games on Series X but we don't know any details. These enhancements happen automatically due to the way the emulator works.

What we do know is that some future BC games will receive an Series X enhancement update much like the Xbox One X and PS4 Pro did. Comparable to 360 BC games that saw 4k patches on Xbox One X. These updates will be optimized to get the most out of the new console. However, there are still Xbox One games!

MS already confirmed that all games from Xb og, 360 and One will be improved on XSX, I don't remember the name of the algorithm. But I put it together with the smart delivery because the premisse in the end is the same. For every game available on XSX you'll always play the best version.

We don't know what will improve though. Obviously Xbox One games with dynamic resolution and unstable framerate will see improvements due to the boost in power of the Series X. But we don't really know if 4k 60FPS games will see any enhancement at all on Series X.

The last statement is wrong though. You just assume that every Xbox One game played on a Series X would look like a Series X port of the same game. That only applies to games that support Smart Delivery because then you'd play the port and not a BC game. If the game doesn't support Smart Delivery the order would be as follows:
Series X port >>>>>> X1 game on Series X via BC >>>X1 game on X1X >>> X1 game on X1S

Barozi said:
DonFerrari said:

We don't know what will improve though. Obviously Xbox One games with dynamic resolution and unstable framerate will see improvements due to the boost in power of the Series X. But we don't really know if 4k 60FPS games will see any enhancement at all on Series X.

The last statement is wrong though. You just assume that every Xbox One game played on a Series X would look like a Series X port of the same game. That only applies to games that support Smart Delivery because then you'd play the port and not a BC game. If the game doesn't support Smart Delivery the order would be as follows:
Series X port >>>>>> X1 game on Series X via BC >>>X1 game on X1X >>> X1 game on X1S

I guess you didn't understand my statement them. The game will play the best available version of that game on the platform they are. If they are on X1 or XSX the system will know and will download accordingly. And if it isn't a crossgen but just BC game it will have the generic improvement that the algorithm provides that isn't always 4k60fps but it doesn't depend on MS upgrading every individual game, but something that is attainable at mass scale from what was said.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Barozi said:

I guess you didn't understand my statement them. The game will play the best available version of that game on the platform they are. If they are on X1 or XSX the system will know and will download accordingly. And if it isn't a crossgen but just BC game it will have the generic improvement that the algorithm provides that isn't always 4k60fps but it doesn't depend on MS upgrading every individual game, but something that is attainable at mass scale from what was said.

But only if you own all versions of it. If the game supports Smart Delivery, then you own all versions.

If it doesn't support it and you bought the X1 version, you don't get to play the best version on Series X, only the BC version. If you bought the game on Series X then you can't play it on X1 at all.

Barozi said:
DonFerrari said:

But only if you own all versions of it. If the game supports Smart Delivery, then you own all versions.

If it doesn't support it and you bought the X1 version, you don't get to play the best version on Series X, only the BC version. If you bought the game on Series X then you can't play it on X1 at all.

Them we will have problems because the way I saw on ad it was across the board, about everygame on X1 would work on XSX (few exceptions) and all games that had improved versions, patches, whatever would have smart delivery., so you wouldn't ever have to buy it more than once.