By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can I transfer Animal Crossing save to a new Switch?

Data transfer would be a very useful addition to the Switch. I suspect they will add it at some point given how the addition has been made with other consoles.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Is everyone just ignoring what I posted?

Shiken said:
Wouldn't a system to system transfer be able to bring the island over?

It works differently than cloud saves.

You can't do it unfortunately. I've also tried doing it because I want to transfer my save to another Switch but there is no even such option for AC. It is just not visible in the list of the games that support data transfer. So, until Nintendo implements some way to transfer saves, the only thing we can do is wait.

AsGryffynn said:

It requires hacking your Switch which is not something that people will do just to transfer AC save.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Shiken said:
Wouldn't a system to system transfer be able to bring the island over?

It works differently than cloud saves.

You can't do it unfortunately. I've also tried doing it because I want to transfer my save to another Switch but there is no even such option for AC. It is just not visible in the list of the games that support data transfer. So, until Nintendo implements some way to transfer saves, the only thing we can do is wait.

Well shit looks like Nintendo dropped the ball then.  Pretty stupid to leave such a basic feature out.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
AsGryffynn said:

It requires hacking your Switch which is not something that people will do just to transfer AC save.

Also the link doesn't work.

Shiken said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

Well shit looks like Nintendo dropped the ball then.  Pretty stupid to leave such a basic feature out.

It's not stupid, it's just not a priority for them. The current lack of it hasn't impacted sales, and it is almost certainly something they have in their dev bucket. This is not their first time releasing this feature late in the console dev cycle, in fact, they have every single generation since such a feature became a requirement (on the Wii). As time goes on, and Switches begin to age, then the priority for the feature will increase.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:
Shiken said:

It's not stupid, it's just not a priority for them. The current lack of it hasn't impacted sales, and it is almost certainly something they have in their dev bucket. This is not their first time releasing this feature late in the console dev cycle, in fact, they have every single generation since such a feature became a requirement (on the Wii). As time goes on, and Switches begin to age, then the priority for the feature will increase.

You see, its posts like this that makes people think Nintendo fans will defend anything they do...

It is stupid, as it is anti consumer in this day and age.  System transfers should be a simple no brainer, especially for a device that does not allow all game saves to be backed up on the cloud service that we PAY FOR.  Not only that, but the Switch has had two revisions that may make some people, like our original poster here, need to make use of proper cloud saves or a system transfer feature.

Just because sales are not directly impacted right now does not mean the move is not stupid and anti consumer.  That kind of ignorance leads to WiiU and X1 levels of lost launch sales for their next device due to tarnished image.  It is certainly not the only factor as there were other problems present for them as well, but it is a factor.

Last edited by Shiken - on 19 May 2020

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Is this seriously a problem on the Switch? I was flirting with a Switch Lite for a while now, but I want all my data to be available from my normal switch as well. Damn Nintendo, as much as I love your games some of the things you do are straight out of the 80's :|

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

The Switch will arrive today. I told my daughter the bad news yesterday--that she will probably have to start all the way over. She said it was okay. Then she said "I'll just play everything else on my Switch and Animal Crossing on yours."

I think I'm just gonna let her keep my Switch until this whole thing is sorted out. I understand Nintendo doing this for Splatoon (the cloud save thing). I don't know what the harm is for Animal Crossing. It's kinda mean, actually.