Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can I transfer Animal Crossing save to a new Switch?

IcaroRibeiro said:
How long has she been playing Animal Crossing? Maybe you just need your persuasion to make her give your Switch back

Over a month. Every single day. I can take my Switch from her. She wouldn't resist at all. I just feel bad making her start over. I did have the foresight to buy the game digitally with her account so the game is on the new Switch. Just none of the progress. And I added my account to her Switch Lite and downloaded a few of my games and saves.

I used to buy a ton of Switch games and I was really looking forward to xenoblade but, until they resolve this, I'm not buying any new games. Haven't purchased a new Switch game or even played my Switch in a month.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
IcaroRibeiro said:
How long has she been playing Animal Crossing? Maybe you just need your persuasion to make her give your Switch back

Over a month. Every single day. I can take my Switch from her. She wouldn't resist at all. I just feel bad making her start over. I did have the foresight to buy the game digitally with her account so the game is on the new Switch. Just none of the progress. And I added my account to her Switch Lite and downloaded a few of my games and saves.

I used to buy a ton of Switch games and I was really looking forward to xenoblade but, until they resolve this, I'm not buying any new games. Haven't purchased a new Switch game or even played my Switch in a month.

Well, you're a good dad I guess. If it means something 

I would still taking my Switch back though

d21lewis said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

You could try something drastic in front of Ninty HQ to show them your disappointment.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Shiken said:
Jumpin said:

It's not stupid, it's just not a priority for them. The current lack of it hasn't impacted sales, and it is almost certainly something they have in their dev bucket. This is not their first time releasing this feature late in the console dev cycle, in fact, they have every single generation since such a feature became a requirement (on the Wii). As time goes on, and Switches begin to age, then the priority for the feature will increase.

You see, its posts like this that makes people think Nintendo fans will defend anything they do...

It is stupid, as it is anti consumer in this day and age.  System transfers should be a simple no brainer, especially for a device that does not allow all game saves to be backed up on the cloud service that we PAY FOR.  Not only that, but the Switch has had two revisions that may make some people, like our original poster here, need to make use of proper cloud saves or a system transfer feature.

Just because sales are not directly impacted right now does not mean the move is not stupid and anti consumer.  That kind of ignorance leads to WiiU and X1 levels of lost launch sales for their next device due to tarnished image.  It is certainly not the only factor as there were other problems present for them as well, but it is a factor.

I couldn't care less what sort of idiotic things people think over pointing out the logical error in your post.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

That is something very bad to do to customer.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Shiken said:

You see, its posts like this that makes people think Nintendo fans will defend anything they do...

It is stupid, as it is anti consumer in this day and age.  System transfers should be a simple no brainer, especially for a device that does not allow all game saves to be backed up on the cloud service that we PAY FOR.  Not only that, but the Switch has had two revisions that may make some people, like our original poster here, need to make use of proper cloud saves or a system transfer feature.

Just because sales are not directly impacted right now does not mean the move is not stupid and anti consumer.  That kind of ignorance leads to WiiU and X1 levels of lost launch sales for their next device due to tarnished image.  It is certainly not the only factor as there were other problems present for them as well, but it is a factor.

I couldn't care less what sort of idiotic things people think over pointing out the logical error in your post.

Thats nice, but there were no logical errors in my post.  It is anti consumer and currently a flaw, regardless of if you think pointing it out is idiotic or not.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

derpysquirtle64 said:
AsGryffynn said:
Is everyone just ignoring what I posted?

It requires hacking your Switch which is not something that people will do just to transfer AC save.

I accept that, but there is a choice. If you don't want to, that's entirely on you. 

Snesboy said:
derpysquirtle64 said:

It requires hacking your Switch which is not something that people will do just to transfer AC save.

Also the link doesn't work.

The link posted still works. 

How people choose more complicated physical arrangements over a bit of tinkering is beyond me, again... 

It was Britain, it is America, tomorrow France and next year, the world... 

Warning: This poster has a very negative opinion of Sony and Nintendo, Idea Factory and companies Tecmo Koei, EA, BioWare, Blizzard, Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Kadokawa and Sega. If you have very positive views of these and a negative view of Microsoft or Bethesda Game Studios, AVOID ENGAGEMENT AT ALL COSTS!