Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite console per generation?

trunkswd said:
  1. None
  2. Atari 2600
  3. NES
  4. SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive. I even had the 32X and SEGA CD add-ons. 
  5. Nintendo 64
  6. Xbox
  7. Xbox 360
  8. I can't pick as I've put hundreds of hours into my Switch and Xbox One. 

Our lists are very similar. I also had Sega CD and 32X.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:
  1. None
  2. Atari 2600
  3. NES
  4. SEGA Genesis / Mega Drive. I even had the 32X and SEGA CD add-ons. 
  5. Nintendo 64
  6. Xbox
  7. Xbox 360
  8. I can't pick as I've put hundreds of hours into my Switch and Xbox One. 

I believed the hype of SEGA's marketing. SEGA does what Nintendon't. Talk about a console war. Sadly, my Genesis died years. But I still have it with the 32x and SEGA CD add-ons. IMO both were a waste of money as there were very few games released for them. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Gen 3rd: NES
Gen 4th: SNES
Gen 5th: Playstation
Gen 6th: Dreamcast
Gen 7th: Playstation 3
Gen 8th: Switch

trunkswd said:
shikamaru317 said:

I believed the hype of SEGA's marketing. SEGA does what Nintendon't. Talk about a console war. Sadly, my Genesis died years. But I still have it with the 32x and SEGA CD add-ons. IMO both were a waste of money as there were very few games released for them. 

I got alot more value out of my Sega CD than my 32X, but I got a decent amount of value out of both. Sega CD wise, Sonic CD ended up being one of my favorite Sonic games, and I had Ecco: The Tides of Time, Jurassic Park, Willy Beamish, Sewer Shark, and Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, which were all pretty good as well. 32X wise I only had a few games for it because games for it were so rare to find in stores, ended up with Knuckles Chaotix, Star Wars Arcade, Star Trek Academy Bridge Simulator, and BC Racers. Out of those, I got alot of playtime out of the first 3, BC Racers was kind of ass though, I remember the framerate being terrible. 

Home consoles:
Gen 3: NES
Gen 4: SNES
Gen 5: N64
Gen 6: PS2
Gen 7: X360
Gen 8: A tie between XB1 and PS4. Even though I play PS4 less than XB1, it is the only console that has Persona 5
Gen 8.5: Switch

Handhelds:
Gen 4: Gameboy
Gen 5: GBC
Gen 6: GBA
Gen 7: DS
Gen 8: 3DS
Gen 8.5: Switch Lite

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
trunkswd said:

I got alot more value out of my Sega CD than my 32X, but I got a decent amount of value out of both. Sega CD wise, Sonic CD ended up being one of my favorite Sonic games, and I had Ecco: The Tides of Time, Jurassic Park, Willy Beamish, Sewer Shark, and Sherlock Holmes: Consulting Detective, which were all pretty good as well. 32X wise I only had a few games for it because games for it were so rare to find in stores, ended up with Knuckles Chaotix, Star Wars Arcade, Star Trek Academy Bridge Simulator, and BC Racers. Out of those, I got alot of playtime out of the first 3, BC Racers was kind of ass though, I remember the framerate being terrible. 

For the SEGA CD I remember having 2 games for it. Ecco and Sonic CD, and for the 32X I had Knuckles Chaotix and one Star Wars Game. I forget which one. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

1. -
2. -
3. PC
4. PC
5. PC
6. -
7. Wii
8. 3DS
9. Switch

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019

Predictions: Switch / Switch vs. XB1 in the US / Three Houses first quarter

I had my first video game experiences with a Philips G7000 which was the European branding for the Magnavox Odyssey 2. But I don't consider anything prior to the NES memorable enough to describe it as favorite, so I'll leave it out. I'll also count only to 9 because I haven't got around to starting my generation flow chart yet.

1. N/A
2. N/A
3. NES
4. SNES
5. N64
6. GC
7. Wii
8. 3DS
9. Switch

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Gen 4: SNES
Gen 5: PS1
Gen 7: Wii
Gen 8: Switch

Signature goes here!

Gen 4: Genesis
Gen 5: PS1
Gen 7: PS3
Gen 8: PS4
Gen 9: My money on PS5. :p (PS for life)