By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is your favorite console per generation?

NEO GEO
N64
DC = GC = PS2 (Tie I guess)
Wii
Switch

Around the Network

1. I was too young
2. Atari 2600
3. Commodore 64
4. Super Nintendo
5. Nintendo 64
6. GameCube
7. Wii
8. Wii U
9. Switch

1: ........
2: Intellivision
3: Commodore 64
4: Sega Mega Drive
5: PlayStation
6: Gamecube
7: Xbox 360
8: Xbox One
9: Switch

Somebody that's REALLY bored should look at all of the lists and make a breakdown. Year by year, popularity, whatever. I feel like people were pretty honest in this thread and we have a decent amount of replies so far.

Difficult to list really. Is it personal enjoyment? Objective look at the overall games library? Impact it had on the industry?

4. Mega Drive - Purely because I was obsessed with Sonic at the time. The SNES has the better library, but Sega really were punching up and introducing competition with this machine.

5. Playstation - Easy decision for me here, although I have great memories of the Sega Saturn.

6. Playstation 2 - I have a soft spot for all consoles this gen, especially for the Dreamcast, but it cannot compare to what the PS2 bought to the table.

7. Playstation 3 - Played all three consoles a lot. Although I picked the PS3 over the 360, Microsoft humiliated Sony for the first few years and would have been top if they didn't finish the generation so poorly.

8. Playstation 4 - This is where my interest in gaming has started to wane sadly. Established franchises have gone stale and I've been more interested in the large amounts of remasters and remakes. The Switch is definitely getting a fair amount of playtime with party games, but the overall experience and library I still find very weak.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
- Odyssey
- Atari 2600
- NES
- SNES
- PS1
- PS2

I have my doubts about gens 7 and 8, since I went PC gamer. But I like a lot of Wii games.

Can't believe Alex (Kidd) (Sonic) The Hedgehog didn't pick the Mega Drive =P

The Mega Drive is amazing, but I grow up with SNES (Although I played a lot of Sonic at my friend's house).

3: NES
4: SNES
5: N64
6: PS2
7: PS3
8: PS4
9: Switch

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.