By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 17, 2020 (Apr 20 - Apr 26)

Tagged games:

So is AC the best selling Switch game in Japan yet?

Around the Network

Awesome week over week numbers all around:
Animal Crossing -1%
Mario Kart 8 +15%
Ring Fit Adventure +232%
Super Smash Bros. +7%
Super Mario Party +17%

A typical conversation at a Japanese game store sounded like this.

Customer: "Do you have Switches back in stock?"
Store Clerk: "Yes.  Would you like to buy one with Animal Crossing?"
Customer: "Definitely!  Actually, while you are at it could you throw in Ring Fit Adventure...and Mario Kart and Smash Bros and Mario Party too?"
Next Customer: "I'll have what she's having!"

FF7R's hold pretty much confirms the stock issues in its 2nd week. So much for those that tried to deny it last time.

curl-6 said:
So is AC the best selling Switch game in Japan yet?

It’s close if being the best selling game in japan (and yes)

Dem Switch numbers, good to see they could restock it.
Animal Crossing is just a beast.
Dat Ring Fit Adventure boost, I guess it got restocked.
FFVIIR held way better than I expected.

Around the Network

Something tells me results are going to be pretty similar here in America, in terms of AC just demolishing all other Switch games. I genuinely think AC will give MK8D a run for its money globally. Europe is the region giving me doubts though, as Mario Kart is especially monstrous in that region.

newwil7l said:
Something tells me results are going to be pretty similar here in America, in terms of AC just demolishing all other Switch games. I genuinely think AC will give MK8D a run for its money globally. Europe is the region giving me doubts though, as Mario Kart is especially monstrous in that region.

Animal Crossing is pretty strong in Europe also. Not nearly as much as it is in Japan, but it's still considerably popular and I think it'll be just as monstrous numbers there as Japan. It's actually the U.S. that has always been the weakest of the three regions for the franchise. And considering the NPD report earlier this month and how incredible the game has done here, I can only imagine what its overall worldwide tally is right now. 

spurgeonryan said:
Wow! I thought I would never see the PSP fall off this chart. When did that happen?

PSP? A long, long time ago.

If you mean Vita, it pops up with a game or two every now and then but in recent months it's become common for it not to have anything in the top 30. It's well and truly on its way out.

In a couple of weeks, Animal Crossing joins the small crowd of games to sell 4 million on consoles in Japan.

Love and tolerate.

Pretty soon AC:NH will be competing with only the likes of Mario and Pokemon for the top 8 spots all time on the Japan charts. Can't wait to see it rocket to #1 all time!