By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 17, 2020 (Apr 20 - Apr 26)

Tagged games:

Good hold for everything, very surprising. But, we live in a strange world now after all.

Around the Network

These AC holds

AC i-
I also thought the game would be front loaded considering the pandemic and the enormous sales but not it's literally insane. It will come close to pokemon R/G

Marth said:
New Horizons is going to be the first game with 4M sold at retail since Pokemon X/Y in 2013

Also the first home console game to reach that number since New Super Mario Bros Wii in 2010.

The sky is the limit for that game.

When over 40% of the weekly hw sales for Switch are for a dedicated handheld lite sku you can't really compare the two since AC is not a "home console" game. It's not a 1:1 apple comparison. 

MasonADC said:
FF7R with an amazing hold for a JRPG, which shows that there was for real some stock issues. 1 million retail might be in reach...maybe

You talking lifetime? Because that's definitely in the bag if you ask me.

It did 700k in launch week and even for a JRPG doing 70 % of lifetime right at launch is more than the norm. Physical shortages could of course cause more people to opt for digital, but judging by this week there are also people who are willing to wait for a physical copy.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network

Here are the true numbers of the Switch, at least the potential with no weird stock limitation. And probably it's still very limited. But overal very good.

So they restocked NS' then.

The Switch is back baby! Let's hope the supply issues are a thing of the past now. Even with all the low weeks, the year on year increase for Switch is + 74.8% so far.

Signature goes here!

kirby007 said:
JEEZ that AC drop

What drop? :P

OTBWY said:
Here are the true numbers of the Switch, at least the potential with no weird stock limitation. And probably it's still very limited. But overal very good.

The fun part is that this is not even the full potential... it's still VERY limited by stock.

The next 2 weeks we should see somethig in the 200k range.

In other words... "this is not even my final form"