By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 17, 2020 (Apr 20 - Apr 26)

Tagged games:

kenjab said:
RolStoppable said:

Next up is Golden Week which means that Famitsu will most likely take a week off and won't provide their next numbers until two weeks from now.

Fortunately we'll get Nintendo's quarterly report next Thursday to tide us over during the week off.

Indeed. I can update the same spreadsheet, just a different tab.

Switch hardware and software shipments

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network

Nintendo FY numbers on May 7th

Next Famitsu update on May 14th, will probably combine 2 weeks in one.

FF7R with an amazing hold for a JRPG, which shows that there was for real some stock issues. 1 million retail might be in reach...maybe

Good hold for FF7R.

JEEZ that AC drop

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

New Horizons is going to be the first game with 4M sold at retail since Pokemon X/Y in 2013

Also the first home console game to reach that number since New Super Mario Bros Wii in 2010.

The sky is the limit for that game.

Good hold for everything, very surprising. But, we live in a strange world now after all.

These AC holds

AC i-
I also thought the game would be front loaded considering the pandemic and the enormous sales but not it's literally insane. It will come close to pokemon R/G

Marth said:
New Horizons is going to be the first game with 4M sold at retail since Pokemon X/Y in 2013

Also the first home console game to reach that number since New Super Mario Bros Wii in 2010.

The sky is the limit for that game.

When over 40% of the weekly hw sales for Switch are for a dedicated handheld lite sku you can't really compare the two since AC is not a "home console" game. It's not a 1:1 apple comparison.