By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are your favorite indies on Switch?

Im mostly into retro style indies, but rocket league is up there. Xeodrifter, Master blaster 0 (think thats indie dont remember a major publisher backing it) shovel knight and its dlc, the messenger and , pleasant surprise, revenge of the bird king. Haven't got around to hellblade or knights quest yet but im optomistic. Meta gal and mighty gunvolt burst were good, but prob not my faves.

Around the Network

Hollow Knight, Celeste, and Steamworld Dig 2 would be my top three in no particular order.
The Messenger, Shovel Knight, Baba is You, and Cuphead are all very good as well.

Axiom Verge
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Timespinner
Bloodstained: Curse Of The Moon
Shovel Knight
Hollow Knight
Dead Cells
The Messenger
Yooka-Laylee And The Impossible Lair
Cuphead

In no particular order (and of course I have not played everything):

Sky Force
Shantae Half-Genie Hero
Hollow*
Bloodstained Curse of the Moon
Bloodstained Ritual of the Night
Jets 'n Guns
Cuphead
Cats Quest

Sinmora EX

*this particular game was kind of strange. When it was announced I was hyped. After the release I read a review that trashed it, so I was disappointed and skipped the game. When I finally bought and played it I actually really enjoyed it, mainly for the atmosphere. I'm not saying it didn't have any problems, but overall I liked it.

Shantae (any of them, but especially Pirate's Curse)
Shovel Knight
Golf Story
Untitled Goose Game
Bloodstained*
Freedom Planet*
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story*
Monster Boy
Wonder Boy
Broforce

* Backed on Kickstarter

Around the Network

I love Hollow Knight, but it's so hard that I ragequit the game every week

In order:
Hollow Knight
Celeste
Axiom Verge
Shovel Knight
Dead Cells
The Messenger
Cuphead

Signature goes here!

That I have played and enjoyed are:

Golf Story
Shovel Knight
Tiny Metal
Rocket League
World Conqueror X
Wargroove
Lovecraft's Untold Stories
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Cat Quest

Is Neo Atlas 1469 an indie game? I know NIS America published it, but I don't know much about Artdink who developed it.

Mandalore76 said:
That I have played and enjoyed are:

Golf Story
Shovel Knight
Tiny Metal
Rocket League
World Conqueror X
Wargroove
Lovecraft's Untold Stories
Valthirian Arc: Hero School Story
Cat Quest

Is Neo Atlas 1469 an indie game? I know NIS America published it, but I don't know much about Artdink who developed it.

Artdink is just one of the oldest indie developers out there, releasing their first game in 1988 and most well known for their A-Train series.

Early on, they produced mainly games for PC and the Sharp X68000 (the best computer/console ever, with pretty much arcade perfect ports) before moving on to the Playstation and consoles in general. They are also doing some publishing work, for instance they were the Japanese publishers for the Ogre Battle series.

Currently finishing the last puzzles on Pipe Push Paradise.
That's was a nice littel thing. Fairly diffucult but not rediculously so. Chill atmosphere too.

But yeah, others include a few games already mentioned:

- Baba is You _____ seriously, Stephen Lavelle, take notes, so this guy doesn't outdo you on devious puzzles!
- Gato Roboto & Minit _____ I feel these two belong together in all their mini-Metroid/mini-Zelda cuteness.
- Celeste _____ I've spend a LOOOOONG ass time with this game ,and it just keeps giving.
- Untitled Goose Game _____ great fun for chill evenings with a friend.