By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What are your favorite indies on Switch?

Easy question, what are your favorite indies on Switch?

So far my favorites are Dead Cells (just started playing), Axiom Verge, and Celeste. All amazing games.

Also just played through Bastion which was very good but not quite on the level of those three.

I've got Hollow Knight, Wizard of Legend, and Hyper Light Drifter waiting in my back log though, all of which I'm highly anticipating.

Around the Network

The Messenger is pretty fap worthy

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Untitled goose game for me

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Celeste is one of my favorite games of all time.

There's also Iconoclasts, Dead Cells, Hollow Knight, and Steamworld Dig 2.

Hollow Knight would be my all time favorite, its a game I'd recommend to anyone.
Shovel Knight and Dead Cells would be a safe second place, and also games I absolutely enjoyed.

Bloodstained, Axiom Verge and Cuphead are also indie games I'd consider to be amongst the best. I'd even throw in Untitled Goose Game in there for the sake of its entertainment value alone.

Edit: Celeste, Gris and Timespinner are worth mentioning too I guess, all of them very good. 

Admitedly other than UGG and Cuphead (and Timespinner) I played all of these on other platforms, but they're the same version as far as I know.

Around the Network

Ah yea I have Cuphead too but have yet to be able to beat the FIRST LEVEL! hahaha. my god.
Oh yeah I also really enjoyed Golf Story.

Fast RMX

Treachery in Beatdown City (tactical beat em up)

Monster Boy (I'm a big fan of the Wonder Boy series and this is one of the best in the series)

Horizon Chase Turbo (it's Top Gear on SNES)

W.T.F War tech Fighters. Cool space mecha game.

Icey. (Nier Automata mixed with Stanley Parable)

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

I feel like indies often get really overhyped. People feel like they need help getting the word out, so they go overboard in praising them. A lot of indies that were really hyped I've been disappointed by.

All that being said, Dead Cells is amazing, and Celeste is really good.

Stardew Valley.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Im mostly into retro style indies, but rocket league is up there. Xeodrifter, Master blaster 0 (think thats indie dont remember a major publisher backing it) shovel knight and its dlc, the messenger and , pleasant surprise, revenge of the bird king. Haven't got around to hellblade or knights quest yet but im optomistic. Meta gal and mighty gunvolt burst were good, but prob not my faves.