By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SPOILERS The Last Of Us P2 SPOILERS

d21lewis said:

My thoughts (and again, I managed to avoid all spoilers, reviews, and trailers):

*Early on*
Man, this thing is slow to get started. The last game started off with a bang. I guess it's building towards something.

Who the hell is this lady I'm playing as?

*Abby kills Joel*
"Holy shit! That came out of nowhere. Very "Walking Dead" of them."

*Couple hours into Ellie's quest*
"Well, I'm bored."

*After fighting a few villains and infected*
"Damn, this AI is good. Maybe the best, ever..."

*After sneaking or fighting too many patrols*
"Okay. I'm bored. Let's kill Abby so I can move on to something else..."

*After switching to Abby*
"What the fuck!? I thought I'd beaten the game. I don't want to play as this bitch!!"

*After several hours as Abby*
"She's not too bad. Maybe Ellie is the bad guy..."

*Surviving being hung*
"Okay. This game is awesome. I love it."

*After going back for those kids*
*Okay, game. You made you point. Let's wrap this thing up!"

*Fighting the boss in the hospital*
"Now THAT'S a boss fight!!"

*Fighting Ellie*
"Die, bitch! Hell, both of you deserve to die!"

*On the farm*
"Well, this was satisfying, I guess. Time to play something else."

*Plays as Abbie again*
"What the fuck, game? Why won't you end?"

*Plays as Ellie*
"Okay. This area is awesome. More of this, please."

*Final battle*
"Game of the year."

That is a very good summary with key changes on the game chapter.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
d21lewis said:

My thoughts (and again, I managed to avoid all spoilers, reviews, and trailers):

*Early on*
Man, this thing is slow to get started. The last game started off with a bang. I guess it's building towards something.

Who the hell is this lady I'm playing as?

*Abby kills Joel*
"Holy shit! That came out of nowhere. Very "Walking Dead" of them."

*Couple hours into Ellie's quest*
"Well, I'm bored."

*After fighting a few villains and infected*
"Damn, this AI is good. Maybe the best, ever..."

*After sneaking or fighting too many patrols*
"Okay. I'm bored. Let's kill Abby so I can move on to something else..."

*After switching to Abby*
"What the fuck!? I thought I'd beaten the game. I don't want to play as this bitch!!"

*After several hours as Abby*
"She's not too bad. Maybe Ellie is the bad guy..."

*Surviving being hung*
"Okay. This game is awesome. I love it."

*After going back for those kids*
*Okay, game. You made you point. Let's wrap this thing up!"

*Fighting the boss in the hospital*
"Now THAT'S a boss fight!!"

*Fighting Ellie*
"Die, bitch! Hell, both of you deserve to die!"

*On the farm*
"Well, this was satisfying, I guess. Time to play something else."

*Plays as Abbie again*
"What the fuck, game? Why won't you end?"

*Plays as Ellie*
"Okay. This area is awesome. More of this, please."

*Final battle*
"Game of the year."

Ok that was almost my exact feelings along the way...very well put!

Hello, i have some questions.
How Did Isaac know about Storm which will hit an Island in couple of days?

Who was responsible for whole tlou2 event - Joel or Abby? I read some posts and i'm confused because i'm sure IT was all Joel fault.

Why people think Ellie should never leave farm? she still can't handle her trauma and ptsd.

Why people were shocked that Tommie is alive? It was very obvious that bullet Did not kill him.

And i still can not figure it out this whole - disrespect for the characters etc.

I think that's all.

zkp said:
Hello, i have some questions.
How Did Isaac know about Storm which will hit an Island in couple of days? No idea.

Who was responsible for whole tlou2 event - Joel or Abby? I read some posts and i'm confused because i'm sure IT was all Joel fault. Joel is 100% responsible. Which is why I laugh at all these people on YouTube who bitch about his death and hate Abby to Hell and back when Joel had it coming.

Why people think Ellie should never leave farm? she still can't handle her trauma and ptsd. A lot of people wanted her to just let it go and move on with her life with Dina and JJ and not put her throw it away just to go after Abby again. What would have happened to Dina and JJ if she died and never came back? It’s like Dina said, “She doesn’t get to be more important that this (Their family).”

Why people were shocked that Tommie is alive? It was very obvious that bullet Did not kill him. With how much death we had already encountered up to that point in the game and the camera angle was pretty obscure, we though Tommy was down for the count for good after those two shots from Abby and Lev.

And i still can not figure it out this whole - disrespect for the characters etc.
Just a bunch of pissed off fanboys who can’t get over the fact that they killed Joel in the first 2 hours of the game. That’s all it is.

I think that's all.

“What are you doing, kiddo? You really going to go through with this?”

Don’t just pay attention to what Joel is saying, but how he’s saying this. There’s a pinch of disappointment in his voice. You think he wanted this for Ellie? You think that when he was carrying her out of that hospital and choosing her life over the possibility of a vaccine/cure, that THIS is what he had in mind?

This trailer is symbolism in its purest form. Joel’s spirit watching over Ellie as she plays the guitar - Her deepest connection to him - And he’s almost pleading with her to turn around, let it go, and move on with her life. 

If you had told Joel that THIS would be the consequence of his choice - Ellie living a life of hatred, contempt, sorrow, trauma, and loneliness? That may very well make him reconsider. Because a life THAT miserable? A life that painful? Lonely? And hateful?
That’s worse than death.