By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 10 million sellers does the Switch have left?

Metroid Prime 4 Bold Prediction

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Sorry for going OT.

But I would love for MP4 to have a BotW treatment.

Dropped on a completely open world, a solid physics mechanic witch gives open ended problem solving. --> explore and survive.

That would become a 10 million seller

Depending on how Nintendo plays their cards, keeping with their current present-time focused strategy and not cannibalizing their sales by marketing games that are 6 months to 4 years away, I think way more games can break the 10 million mark than any other previous console ever released.

Switch has proven that longtime franchises can explode WAY past their traditional numbers on it.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a game they should be working on. It would have WAY more potential than an Odyssey 2.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Spindel said:
tbone51 said:

Sorry for going OT.

But I would love for MP4 to have a BotW treatment.

Dropped on a completely open world, a solid physics mechanic witch gives open ended problem solving. --> explore and survive.

That would become a 10 million seller

We have seen crazier, I feel as if mp4 did do a similar feat to BotW then we can see explosive sales. 5mil would be crazy but I’ll go bold and say 10mil after I get to see some forge :)

Around the Network

Next 3D Zelda
Next 3D Marios
Maybe a 2D Mario if they put some effort this time around
Anything that Game Freak ever release of Pokemon
Next Splatoon
Next Smash Bros
Some Sonic and Mario partnership game
Next Mario Party

Maybe a Final Fantasy for Switch

Next Dragon Quest, BUT, it won't be a Nintendo exclusive and the Nintendo version alone is not enough for 10 million, so I think we can't count this one
Same goes for Tomb Raider

Gen 4 Pokemon Remake!
Lets go Johto (Possibly)

Jumpin said:
Super Mario Galaxy 3 is a game they should be working on. It would have WAY more potential than an Odyssey 2.

I'd be down for either Galaxy 3 or Odyssey 2. Or something completely new. I wouldn't say Galaxy 3 would have WAY more potential than Odyssey 2. They would both have huge potential, either one would be 15+ million seller.

I'd rather just have a Galaxy 1+2 HD remaster (which would sell 10 million on its own) and Odyssey 2. We already got the Galaxy sequel that improved on the original, now I wanna see an Odyssey sequel that improves and expands on the controlling enemies mechanic.

Ten million, whole being an awesome achievement, is a harder topic to discuss in this way than 20mm. If switch goes on to sell a hundred million units, which it looks likely to do, there is a good chance that there will be some 10 million tellers that we can't possibly even think about right now. New IPs, possibly even something third party could pull it off.

The 20mm threshold is basically reserved for established Nintendo IP. Ten is a lot easier to pull off.

A TRUE new Mario 2d.