By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What 10 million sellers does the Switch have left?

JWeinCom said:
Leynos said:
Chibi Robo Ziplash 2!
Codename Steam 2!

These are obviously 50 million sellers each!

Talk shit about Codename STEAM again and see what happens.

Codename Steam is the dollar store version of Valkyria Chronicles.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

1. Super Mario Party - It's nearly there.
2. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - It may take a while, but it will reach 10 million.
3. Luigi's Mansion 3
4. Super Mario Maker 2
5. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2
6. Pokemon Gen IX - Considering there were two gens of Pokemon on DS and 3DS, we'll get another on Switch (2022 I'm thinking).

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Spindel said:
tbone51 said:

Metroid Prime 4 Bold Prediction

Sorry for going OT.

But I would love for MP4 to have a BotW treatment.

Dropped on a completely open world, a solid physics mechanic witch gives open ended problem solving. --> explore and survive.

That would become a 10 million seller

I guess as long as it maintains the atmosphere and tone that Metroid fans love..

Though let's see if MP4 can pass 5 million first before thinking about 10 million. Even the first Prime barely missed the 3 million mark, and its one of the most well-regarded games of all-time.

Leynos said:
JWeinCom said:

Talk shit about Codename STEAM again and see what happens.

You have signed your own death warrant.

Wman1996 said:
2. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - It may take a while, but it will reach 10 million.
3. Luigi's Mansion 3
4. Super Mario Maker 2
6. Pokemon Gen IX - Considering there were two gens of Pokemon on DS and 3DS, we'll get another on Switch (2022 I'm thinking).

I also think Link's awakening since it is close to halfway there. Also 4th gen remakes

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:
Leynos said:

You have signed your own death warrant.

Every Codename STEAM fan gathered together for this photo.

Only kidding/ If someone likes it. Cool. But as a fan of the VC series. I hated it. It really felt like a much much much worse version of that to me. I had the game pre-ordered until I played the demo.

Last edited by Leynos - on 25 April 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

It is hard to tell really. The Switch offers higher sales success for their games outside of the usual suspects than previous Nintendo devices. Zelda is a perfect example. Sales of a new game on a single device have never broken 10 mil before, let alone the numbers BotW is pumping out. It is safe to assume its sequel could put out somewhat similar numbers and anything with Mario in the title has an advantage out of the gate, but really any good game could blow up the way things are now. For example, while Animal Crossing has crossed 10 mil before, the sales of New Horizons is unprecedented and exponentially higher than its counterparts from previous generations.

So here is a truly wild prediction...Metroid Prime 4 (when it is finally done) will cross 10 mil in sales despite the IP never being a huge sales beast in the past. People are trying new types of games this gen and audiences are expanding. I feel the draw for this game will be much bigger than people realize, and you can bet the bank on Nintendo advertising the hell out of it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

LatiosGames said:
Wman1996 said:
3. Luigi's Mansion 3
4. Super Mario Maker 2

I also think Link's awakening since it is close to halfway there. Also 4th gen remakes

Agree with all Wman's list. NSMBU:d and Mario Maker 2 will slowly get there but I do think they'll get there eventually a couple years down the line.

Also I don't think there's anyway Link's Awakening hits 10 million. After its stellar 3 million opening like 11 days or whatever I thought it would do it, but it only managed just over 1 million for the entire holiday quarter immediately following its launch. I think most people who wanted it bought it at launch. I see it stalling at 5-6 million. Now it could be that its just overpriced, which it is, and if Nintendo does the Nintendo Select's games at some point that could help Link's Awakening out a lot. But still the game has zero legs and I'd say no chance at 10 million, probably not even anywhere near 10 million.

That said, let's not forget that pre-BotW Zelda games were more like 5 million sellers. So a remake of a gameboy game that probably gonna end up selling 6 million is pretty incredible. And we really shouldn't expect it to be the second best selling single release Zelda game of all time.

I bet a traditional Paper Mario can do it.

NightlyPoe said:
Spindel said:

Sorry for going OT.

But I would love for MP4 to have a BotW treatment.

Dropped on a completely open world, a solid physics mechanic witch gives open ended problem solving. --> explore and survive.

That would become a 10 million seller

No thanks.  Give me might tight world design any day.

You so remember that the first game was open world?