By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Animal Crossing: New Horizons 5 Million Digital in March - Single Month Record for any game

Well goddamn.
I'll gladly admit I was one of the ones who underestimated it before launch.
Predicted 6,3 mil shipped for the quarterly report... At this point I think it'll be very close to doubling that.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Around the Network
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

wow that is so amazing, and well deserved!!! this game is my short-term dream at the moment, damn Switch shortages

but how the heck did a cute game become so popular out of the blue, was it great marketing or word of mouth? I guess the grandma playing the game on youtube helped too!

it's a game with legs as far as I remember, people play it for a long time, so sales will keep going, thing now is how far can it go

It was already big, but made even bigger by social media.

SpokenTruth said:
forest-spirit said:
Is SuperData actually any good?

They are the industry leader in the digital reporting field. The closest thing to a digital NPD.

I guess we'll be able to see how close they were pretty soon when Nintendo release its quarterly report.

Signature goes here!

Any game ever...? Including multiplats? Christ. Nintendo is something else this gen with their software sales.

SuperData is not reliable at all and anyone folowing sales data for videogames knows 5 million is highly unlikely to be the all time record.

COD sells like 6-8 million in the US alone.

Around the Network
src said:
SuperData is not reliable at all and anyone folowing sales data for videogames knows 5 million is highly unlikely to be the all time record.

Not to discredit you entirely but you're being very vague with your statements. You say 5 million is highly unlikely but then claim Call of Duty sells better, then you throw an approximate estimate of 6-8 million, which isn't clear at all, and then you don't cite in which period does Call of Duty make those numbers. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

src said:

Yeah and that 6-8 million includes digital. Sounds like you are brushing off the data because you don't like the results of a life sim beating massive multiplats.

Oh, it's Superdata....

Was excited for the success of a Nintendo franchise when I saw the source.Disregard my excitement.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

forest-spirit said:
Is SuperData actually any good?

Completely unreliable.They have been wrong numerous times in the past.The biggest example I can think of right now is the Switch first year sales, where they revised their numbers like three times and still got it very wrong at the end.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

src said:

This basically.

No one has acess to Nintendo digital sales, not even NPD tries to do an estimate.Any company saying that they have accurate estimations are either wrong or simply delusional.