By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Animal Crossing: New Horizons 5 Million Digital in March - Single Month Record for any game

5 million just digital is so amazing--it honestly seems unreal. Fantastic news.

Around the Network
newwil7l said:

Mario Kart 8 is in danger. This will have a 13m launch month making it the fastest selling Switch game by far. Who would have ever guessed that Animal Crossing would have been the biggest killer app for the Switch over Smash or Pokémon.

No, it's not...

Leggiest Nintendo game ever vs a fairly fast selling Nintendo game -albeit, AC might get the nintendo select treat someday-!

New leaf had also spectacular digital sales ( given to 3DS), don't be suprised to such an extent, it has also been inflated by the #stayathome effect.

AC:NL threatened MK7, still MK7 outsold it by 7m, eventually.

Keep in mind how far bigger MK franchise is in the Americas!

Last edited by tak13 - on 22 April 2020

Probably 10 million + rigth now, AC is such a beast.

34 years playing games.

Anyone that doesn't believe AC is system seller can dig their own grave. Better yet I'll do a free cremation.

The game does not interest me at all but damn these are monster sales!!

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Wow that's crazy. So, well over 10 million for sure those first 10 days by end of March. Never would have guessed AC would be THIS popular.

Nintendo's next financial report can't come soon enough.

The game that will be remembered during the coronavirus era.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

newwil7l said:

Mario Kart 8 is in danger. This will have a 13m launch month making it the fastest selling Switch game by far. Who would have ever guessed that Animal Crossing would have been the biggest killer app for the Switch over Smash or Pokémon.

It is surprising, but honestly, I am kind of glad. Pokemon was seriously mishandled at launch...

5 million digital-only sales.... the Switch is growing at an impressive rate. Man, I love it when people propagate their "system agnostic" world view, and then don't understand why that's not happening anytime soon. AC is one of the reason

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

wow that is so amazing, and well deserved!!! this game is my short-term dream at the moment, damn Switch shortages

but how the heck did a cute game become so popular out of the blue, was it great marketing or word of mouth? I guess the grandma playing the game on youtube helped too!

it's a game with legs as far as I remember, people play it for a long time, so sales will keep going, thing now is how far can it go

Last edited by dark_gh0st_b0y - on 23 April 2020

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^