By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2020 (Apr 06 - Apr 12)

Tagged games:

Animal Crossing

W#: NL vs NH

W1 728k / 1881k
W2 315k / 728k
W3 238k / 423k
W4 119k / 293k
W5 116k
W6 213k
W7 400k
W8 164k

Total 2287k ///// 3325k

-over 1mil physical sales already compared to AC holiday quarter
-Even if you exclude NH first week, NH outselling NL by a weekly basis

Around the Network
Eagle367 said:

I'm, so sad for the switch. Hope it rebounds soon because this was supposed to be it's year where it just sells like hot cakes

Yes it's sad to see low numbers like this week but as of last week the Switch sales were ahead of 2019 by 838k units. So looking at the big picture it's still doing incredibly well and the sales missed this week are only delayed to later.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 16 April 2020

Signature goes here!

Jesus Christ, those Switch figures.
Ow.

I would like to think that FF7 Remake sales would be higher if not for the disruptions caused by the pandemic. PS4 has 10 million sales in sight. It needs a price cut to get there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Olivernintentoal said:
Jranation said:
God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

Yep. Hopefully it will be. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Wow FF7R software is much lower than I expected. Could be that most people are opting for digital though in the current situation.
PS4 hardware wasn't too far below my 90K prediction though.

And wow this time the shortages finally caught up with the Switch. It can probably make up for it in the long run, but that's still quite a hit.

Try out my free game on Steam

2024 OpenCritic Prediction Leagues:

Nintendo | PlayStation | Multiplat

Great numbers for Final Fantasy VII R, I wish we knew the digital sales.

The PS4 got a bigger boost than I thought it would.

konnichiwa said:
Olivernintentoal said:

Yes! On 4/14 they announced that shipments of the console (including Lite) have resumed to Japan.

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-switch-shipments-to-japan-will-resume-this-week-amid-global-shortage/

It helps.

Good to hear.

Ka-pi96 said:
Blood_Tears said:
For anyone comparing this to FF15 physical copies, please remember it's no longer 2016 and digital attach rate is around 50% now. In some cases it's more.
Pretty good sales for PS4 and FF though.
It should have solid sales in the west as well. The digital attach rate should be really high since alot of physical copies were delayed in the West.

Gonna have to ask for a source for that. Specifically one for Japan.

Japan doesn't download games like the rest of the world does? There are plenty of companies that have announced 50% or over for digital for some of their AAA games in the past year, Sony, Ubi, Capcom. etc. It's 2020,  You have google, use it..

Blood_Tears said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Gonna have to ask for a source for that. Specifically one for Japan.

Japan doesn't download games like the rest of the world does? There are plenty of companies that have announced 50% or over for digital for some of their AAA games in the past year, Sony, Ubi, Capcom. etc. It's 2020,  You have google, use it..

Japan isn’t the west, in west it’s true some games have greater ratios than 50% here, Japan it’s not the case.

Digital should be very strong for FF7. It had numerous stock issues at online retailers. SHould be looking at a 1 million+ opening which is great.