By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2020 (Apr 06 - Apr 12)

Tagged games:

Olivernintentoal said:
Jranation said:
God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

They have announced they are doing shipments again ? Oh well so it was only 1 week of weak numbers then.

Around the Network

700K for FFVIIR is more than I thought it would sell and especially for the hardware. Hmm party is over for Switch it seems after weeks of huge highs. Shortages are just awful and it finally hit, post Animal Crossing.

Ka-pi96 said:
nantonaku said:

I think people who don't normally play games who recently found out about FF7R's release bought a PS4. In fact, there are many players who didn't even know that FF7R is a branch of the game.

If people don't normally play games why would they care about a remake of a game that they never played?

Sorry, I should have said people who have played FF7 on PS1 but aren't playing the game now.

xMetroid said:
Olivernintentoal said:

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

They have announced they are doing shipments again ? Oh well so it was only 1 week of weak numbers then.

Yes! On 4/14 they announced that shipments of the console (including Lite) have resumed to Japan.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Olivernintentoal said:
xMetroid said:

Yes! On 4/14 they announced that shipments of the console (including Lite) have resumed to Japan.

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-switch-shipments-to-japan-will-resume-this-week-amid-global-shortage/

It helps.

Around the Network

For anyone comparing this to FF15 physical copies, please remember it's no longer 2016 and digital attach rate is around 50% now. In some cases it's more.
Pretty good sales for PS4 and FF though.
It should have solid sales in the west as well. The digital attach rate should be really high since alot of physical copies were delayed in the West.

BlackBeauty said:

it sold less than 15. Oh my god.

Easy now.

Final Fantasy XV on PS4 sold around 700k first week as well (Media Create: 690,471 / Famitsu: 716,649). Of course, popularity and sales of Final Fantasy peaked a long time ago. No doubt about that. But with better word of mouth FF7 Remake is still likely to outsell FFXV in Japan.

You also have to consider digital which is bigger now than in 2016.

Olivernintentoal said:
xMetroid said:

konnichiwa said:
Olivernintentoal said:

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-switch-shipments-to-japan-will-resume-this-week-amid-global-shortage/

It helps.

Thanks guys! And damn the tweet just announcing a restock got 100k likes on Twitter that's insane... they dont even reach these numbers when they announce a direct over a Nintendo NA atleast. 

There was this https://edition.cnn.com/2020/04/10/tech/nintendo-switch-shipment-pause-shortage/index.html

I'm, so sad for the switch. Hope it rebounds soon because this was supposed to be it's year where it just sells like hot cakes

Last edited by Eagle367 - on 16 April 2020

Just a guy who doesn't want to be bored. Also