By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Famitsu Sales: Week 15, 2020 (Apr 06 - Apr 12)

Tagged games:

Jranation said:
God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

Switch: purchased. Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. Ultimate time!

Around the Network

Nice bump for PS4, Switch ouch

nantonaku said:
Ka-pi96 said:
That PS4 jump just seems strange to me. I mean, the console's been out for 6 years, who actually waited 6 years for the release of FF7 remake to buy one? I could understand a little boost due to special editions maybe, but a 300% increase? Why/how is 1 game 6 years into the consoles life the deciding factor? I mean, it's not even fully exclusive so people who are patient enough to wait 6 years for a console can surely wait 1 year for it to release on other platforms, no?

I think people who don't normally play games who recently found out about FF7R's release bought a PS4. In fact, there are many players who didn't even know that FF7R is a branch of the game.

If people don't normally play games why would they care about a remake of a game that they never played?

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Olivernintentoal said:
Jranation said:
God damn. Those Switch numbers was what I was expecting before March... it finally sunk down there...

Nintendo was only shipping pre-orders this week, but they announced they have resumed shipping more consoles, so it should rebound quickly!

They have announced they are doing shipments again ? Oh well so it was only 1 week of weak numbers then.

Dont expect a immediate full recovery for Switch sales

Around the Network

700K for FFVIIR is more than I thought it would sell and especially for the hardware. Hmm party is over for Switch it seems after weeks of huge highs. Shortages are just awful and it finally hit, post Animal Crossing.

Ka-pi96 said:
nantonaku said:

I think people who don't normally play games who recently found out about FF7R's release bought a PS4. In fact, there are many players who didn't even know that FF7R is a branch of the game.

If people don't normally play games why would they care about a remake of a game that they never played?

Sorry, I should have said people who have played FF7 on PS1 but aren't playing the game now.

xMetroid said:
Olivernintentoal said:

They have announced they are doing shipments again ? Oh well so it was only 1 week of weak numbers then.

Yes! On 4/14 they announced that shipments of the console (including Lite) have resumed to Japan.

Switch: purchased. Fire Emblem and Smash Bros. Ultimate time!

Olivernintentoal said:
xMetroid said:

Yes! On 4/14 they announced that shipments of the console (including Lite) have resumed to Japan.

https://www.siliconera.com/nintendo-switch-shipments-to-japan-will-resume-this-week-amid-global-shortage/

It helps.

For anyone comparing this to FF15 physical copies, please remember it's no longer 2016 and digital attach rate is around 50% now. In some cases it's more.
Pretty good sales for PS4 and FF though.
It should have solid sales in the west as well. The digital attach rate should be really high since alot of physical copies were delayed in the West.