By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report- Resident Evil 4 remake in development at M-Two for release in 2022

Dammit I want dino crisis..

Around the Network

@OP, VGChartz put this in the news and threated it as rumor.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Xxain said:
Snoorlax said:

Actually Cove Veronica is much more important that RE3 which is why RE3 was originally meant to be a spin-off to RE 2 and Code V was meant to be the official sequel but Capcom had a partnership deal with Sony they could only release a numbered RE game on PS1 so they made the spin-off RE3 which really didn't bring anything new other than Nemesis.

Code V explores the origin of the family behind the mansion, Umbrella corp if i'm not mistaken, the origin of the virus, Chris and Claire reuniting and up against Wesker who turned out to be alive after RE1 and is the true villain of the series. Everything about Code V screams a true sequel, only Steve was kind of stupid and annoying to have around, but other than that it's a great game that unfortenately failed because it launched on the wrong console at the wrong time.

You guys sound like a broken record; A large amount of post are saying the same...damn...thing. CAPCOM does not care that CV was suppose to be RE3, because that issue was solved 20 years. Its a really stupid jutisication considering how development of games rapidly. Devil May Cry was a RE4 at first, so are going to whine about DMC not getting a remake too? The business sense is having the mainline series easily available for those needing to catch up. M-two is composed of Platinum and CAPCOM employees that worked on RE4; has anybody considered that RE4 was chosen because because of the developers knowledge of said game? 

We are saying the same thing because it's facts. What you don't like facts now? To say that RE3 is more significant than CV story and gameplay wise is not only stupid but also dead wrong.

We know Capcom doesn't care but they also didn't care for RE Remake, Zero and 3 for a long time until they gave them a remake because they had no idea where to go further after RE6 bombed critically. They knew these games have huge nostalgia behind them despite low sales originally yet Capcom capatilised on it. So it's not always about how games performed 20 years ago but about if actual demand for a remake is there then they'll give us that remake no problem cause they sure made a quick buck on that half assed RE3 remake. I'm actually against all this remake BS but I'd gladly take a CV remake over RE4 that doesn't need it at all. 

Sorry but that DMC-RE4 example is a terrible comparison.

KratosLives said:
Dammit I want dino crisis..

We all do my friend, we all do. T_T

Snoorlax said:
Xxain said:

You guys sound like a broken record; A large amount of post are saying the same...damn...thing. CAPCOM does not care that CV was suppose to be RE3, because that issue was solved 20 years. Its a really stupid jutisication considering how development of games rapidly. Devil May Cry was a RE4 at first, so are going to whine about DMC not getting a remake too? The business sense is having the mainline series easily available for those needing to catch up. M-two is composed of Platinum and CAPCOM employees that worked on RE4; has anybody considered that RE4 was chosen because because of the developers knowledge of said game? 

We are saying the same thing because it's facts. What you don't like facts now? To say that RE3 is more significant than CV story and gameplay wise is not only stupid but also dead wrong.

We know Capcom doesn't care but they also didn't care for RE Remake, Zero and 3 for a long time until they gave them a remake because they had no idea where to go further after RE6 bombed critically. They knew these games have huge nostalgia behind them despite low sales originally yet Capcom capatilised on it. So it's not always about how games performed 20 years ago but about if actual demand for a remake is there then they'll give us that remake no problem cause they sure made a quick buck on that half assed RE3 remake. I'm actually against all this remake BS but I'd gladly take a CV remake over RE4 that doesn't need it at all. 

It wasnt suppose to be a good comparison but on the same quality as those that believe that CV should of been chosen because it was RE3 in early development. Ok. So? My argument was never a battle between between RE3 and CV in regards to what is more significant, but that CV is ultimate NOT important if someone wanted to catch on the series before RE8 and that is dead true; many started with RE4 as their first game and had no issues with understand plot. I don't know why you're lecturering me about sales when I flat out said CAPCOM could shit in a bag and call it RE are it would be a multi million selling regardless of original sales in a earlier post.

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Snoorlax said:

It wasnt suppose to be a good comparison but on the same quality as those that believe that CV should of been chosen because it was RE3 in early development. Ok. So? My argument was never a battle between between RE3 and CV in regards to what is more significant, but that CV is ultimate NOT important if someone wanted to catch on the series before RE8 and that is dead true; many started with RE4 as their first game and had no issues with understand plot. I don't know why you're lecturering me about sales when I flat out said CAPCOM could shit in a bag and call it RE are it would be a multi million selling regardless of original sales in a earlier post.

Well... Only RE fans care about the silly story of these games. Nobody needs to play Re2 remake 3 remake to get into the series, Re4 already was the most popular game of the series and Revelations 1 and 2 were pretty mainstream as well and nobody cared about the story in these games not even in RE7.

These "remakes" are just nostalgia cash grabs that fans are eager enough to throw their money at and love to get dissapointed by meanwhile the casual audience just buys whatever is trending at the moment and are okay with it as long as its fun. My point is Remake and Zero sold terribly when they first launched and were mostly ignored by Capcom until they had no more ideas where to go further with the game then decided to remaster both these games because they make a quick buck because of their nostalgia value, that's all. So the same could work for CV because the fans are definitely there.

You said CV doesn't bring anything new or important to the series and that is false because, for those that care, it continues the story of RE2 and Wesker which is back in RE5. And yeah Capcom could sell us a bag of shit and sell millions but that would only work once. Fandoms are indeed blinded by nostalgia but they eventually take off their nostalgia glasses and move on.

Well I’m just gonna say it: Code Veronica is the misfit child in the mainline RE games. It is by far a lower priority then RE4 and is inconsequential to the story. People shouldn’t be surprised by this rumor in the slightest.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

DonFerrari said:
Marth said:
This is gonna be most of the next gen isnt it? Remakes of wellknown games and IPs.

Well, I rather play a great game remastered/remade than risk a shitty new game =p

The best selling PS4, X1, and Switch games include Grand Theft Auto V, The Last of Us, Uncharted Trilogy, Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Gears of War: Ultimate Edition, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, and Pokemon Let's Go.

This has been the status quo for years already.

Love and tolerate.

sales2099 said:
Well I’m just gonna say it: Code Veronica is the misfit child in the mainline RE games. It is by far a lower priority then RE4 and is inconsequential to the story. People shouldn’t be surprised by this rumor in the slightest.

Yeah, we've heard that song and dance before, but it's still not going to stop fans from requesting a Code V remake. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

sales2099 said:

I read that as Code Vein and was so confused, thought you were making a satirical comment because of the "DMC was going to be RE4" example from earlier lol