By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report- Resident Evil 4 remake in development at M-Two for release in 2022

I played 3 versions of this game about 8 times total. And I’ll be there day 1 for this.

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

Around the Network

Not as excited as i would have been since Capcom continued to sell RE4 like a cheap hooker on almost everything. Much the same for FF7, by the time the remake hit, the industry was flooded with FF7 re-releases.

Id much rather Capcom move onto other game remakes like a Reboot of Dino Crisis would be insane, or even Code Veronica would be great to see. RE4 is still a very good game, it doesnt need a remake.. not yet anyways.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 13 April 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWwbj16WnJg

Just search with Resident Evil on Youtube and the second came out this lol.

RE4/5 don't need remakes and RE6 is trash... but I would still buy an RE4 remake. I've already bought RE4 4 times. Why stop now?

4 ≈ One

I can understand why they chose RE4 - people will buy it simply because it was one of the most popular and critically acclaimed games of it's generation.

I've played it multiple times on gamecube, wii, and later ps4. I thought the wii version was the best when I played it so I wonder whether it will have the option to use motion controls (provided ps5 etc. have them).

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Chazore said:
I have to wonder, is Capcom using the exact same mindset after all these years, after knowing Code V didn't sell all that well, that they somehow believe it will not today?, in a vastly bigger and different market?.

Are Japanese publishers really that arrogant and narrow minded? (SE has it's own guilt as well).

It just feels like Capcom is going to completely skip over games like Code V, Outbreak and Dino Crisis, on past tense data, that doesn't really fit in today's market, like at all. Anyone here could take a random guess out of a hat, but that's the thing, it's a different market and yes it's am gamble, a gamble a publisher should be taking, not a stupid safe bet all the time. This is why I'm finding myself loathing publishers, because most of them today don't want to take big risks, even for small ones like Code V (which isn't to say Code V is some colossal project of immense magnitude, that it'd require some other worldly budget, that would somehow bankrupt Capcom, because it wouldn't).

We know they only have a limited amount of options left. Remake 4-5, and then make 8, because god knows 6 did terrible and was critically kicked in the head and regarded as shit.

Its not about Code Veronica not selling well but it not being essential. If you are a newbie or a returning fan after several years, and needed to catch up before RE8, Code Veronica could totally be skipped and nothing of value would be lost. The game literally adds nothing. CAPCOM could shit in bag and call it Resident Evil: Were not trying, and it would still be a multi million seller, ya know like RE6 which as of last update is CAPCOM 3rd highest selling game. The butthurt is blinding you to the truth.

Actually Cove Veronica is much more important that RE3 which is why RE3 was originally meant to be a spin-off to RE 2 and Code V was meant to be the official sequel but Capcom had a partnership deal with Sony they could only release a numbered RE game on PS1 so they made the spin-off RE3 which really didn't bring anything new other than Nemesis.

Code V explores the origin of the family behind the mansion, Umbrella corp if i'm not mistaken, the origin of the virus, Chris and Claire reuniting and up against Wesker who turned out to be alive after RE1 and is the true villain of the series. Everything about Code V screams a true sequel, only Steve was kind of stupid and annoying to have around, but other than that it's a great game that unfortenately failed because it launched on the wrong console at the wrong time.

By 2022, RE4 will be 17 years old. From what I can gather, even the newest ports of RE4 basically just upscale most of the textures and increase the resolution.

A ground-up remake that uses an engine two generations more advanced, with altered and added areas, new types of enemies, added mechanics, smoother gameplay... I can imagine people who played the original but rarely returning in over a decade being excited by this getting a remake. Especially if it is to the same standard as RE2make and RE3make.

Love and tolerate.

Im a little disappointed with this as I'd love a remake of Code Veronica. I always felt 4 was were things started to blur, are we supposed to believe a second zombie enducing illness just arrives with no connection to the T/G Virus? I also missed the survival horror elements of 0 - CVX - however saying all that I did enjoy 4... just not as much.

Snoorlax said:
Xxain said:

Its not about Code Veronica not selling well but it not being essential. If you are a newbie or a returning fan after several years, and needed to catch up before RE8, Code Veronica could totally be skipped and nothing of value would be lost. The game literally adds nothing. CAPCOM could shit in bag and call it Resident Evil: Were not trying, and it would still be a multi million seller, ya know like RE6 which as of last update is CAPCOM 3rd highest selling game. The butthurt is blinding you to the truth.

Actually Cove Veronica is much more important that RE3 which is why RE3 was originally meant to be a spin-off to RE 2 and Code V was meant to be the official sequel but Capcom had a partnership deal with Sony they could only release a numbered RE game on PS1 so they made the spin-off RE3 which really didn't bring anything new other than Nemesis.

Code V explores the origin of the family behind the mansion, Umbrella corp if i'm not mistaken, the origin of the virus, Chris and Claire reuniting and up against Wesker who turned out to be alive after RE1 and is the true villain of the series. Everything about Code V screams a true sequel, only Steve was kind of stupid and annoying to have around, but other than that it's a great game that unfortenately failed because it launched on the wrong console at the wrong time.

You guys sound like a broken record; A large amount of post are saying the same...damn...thing. CAPCOM does not care that CV was suppose to be RE3, because that issue was solved 20 years. Its a really stupid jutisication considering how development of games rapidly. Devil May Cry was a RE4 at first, so are going to whine about DMC not getting a remake too? The business sense is having the mainline series easily available for those needing to catch up. M-two is composed of Platinum and CAPCOM employees that worked on RE4; has anybody considered that RE4 was chosen because because of the developers knowledge of said game? 

Marth said:
This is gonna be most of the next gen isnt it? Remakes of wellknown games and IPs.

Well, I rather play a great game remastered/remade than risk a shitty new game =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."