By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Report- Resident Evil 4 remake in development at M-Two for release in 2022

Snoorlax said:

Why not new games instead? I can understand Code V and Outbreak as those game still have the tank controls but seriously RE5? I thought this remake/remaster craze would slowly die off after a while but nope, people just can't stop throwing their moneys at worse iterations of already perfected games.

RE4 getting a remake is already baffling enough but RE5 is just going way too far, what's next RE6, Revelations, 7, 8 and eventually the Remakes getting Remakes as well ?

Capcom's figured that having two studios working on RE, means they can trend chase like Activision, in that they can pump out RE title after title yearly now, which makes remaking all the other RE games more feasible to them. Only problem I'm seeing is them looking at these older titles, with the exact same mindset of 20 years ago, "oh, Code V didn't sell that much, but RE4 did, so let's go with that", while completely ignoring the core fact that the market is not exactly the same as it was 20 years ago, and it has grown vastly larger than what it even was, 20 years ago. 

I'll be right pissed if they carry on with Rev as a series, when they're letting Outbreak sit in the corner to rot. I've been wanting that co-op Raccoon city feeling for years, because I never got to experience it for both 1 and 2.

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 April 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
I have to wonder, is Capcom using the exact same mindset after all these years, after knowing Code V didn't sell all that well, that they somehow believe it will not today?, in a vastly bigger and different market?.

Are Japanese publishers really that arrogant and narrow minded? (SE has it's own guilt as well).

It just feels like Capcom is going to completely skip over games like Code V, Outbreak and Dino Crisis, on past tense data, that doesn't really fit in today's market, like at all. Anyone here could take a random guess out of a hat, but that's the thing, it's a different market and yes it's am gamble, a gamble a publisher should be taking, not a stupid safe bet all the time. This is why I'm finding myself loathing publishers, because most of them today don't want to take big risks, even for small ones like Code V (which isn't to say Code V is some colossal project of immense magnitude, that it'd require some other worldly budget, that would somehow bankrupt Capcom, because it wouldn't).

We know they only have a limited amount of options left. Remake 4-5, and then make 8, because god knows 6 did terrible and was critically kicked in the head and regarded as shit.

Its not about Code Veronica not selling well but it not being essential. If you are a newbie or a returning fan after several years, and needed to catch up before RE8, Code Veronica could totally be skipped and nothing of value would be lost. The game literally adds nothing. CAPCOM could shit in bag and call it Resident Evil: Were not trying, and it would still be a multi million seller, ya know like RE6 which as of last update is CAPCOM 3rd highest selling game. The butthurt is blinding you to the truth.

PM sent ~ CGI 

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 13 April 2020

shikamaru317 said:
Xxain said:

Its not about Code Veronica not selling well but it not being essential. If you are a newbie or a returning fan after several years, and needed to catch up before RE8, Code Veronica could totally be skipped and nothing of value would be lost. The game literally adds nothing. CAPCOM could shit in bag and call it Resident Evil: Were not trying, and it would still be a multi million seller, ya know like RE6 which as of last update is CAPCOM 3rd highest selling game. The butthurt is blinding you to the truth.

Code Veronica matters far more to the overall plot of the series than Nemesis imo. It feels like a proper sequel to Res 2, as it follows up on the unresolved storyline of Claire searching for Chris. It also continues the Wesker storyline which Nemesis also completely ignores. 

shikamaru317 said:
DonFerrari said:
Please change title to RUMOR. Yes it is almost certain that RE4 will be on next gen since they have been putting ports of this in every single platform they can, but this isn't a report, it is a RUMOR.

I'd say this is a report, not a rumor. A rumor would be if this came from some random 4chan or Reddit post, but this is a report from an actual gaming news outlet who are alleging that they heard this from multiple developer sources they consider to be reputable. 

Then we have a lot of reports that ended being less true than rumors.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

shikamaru317 said:
Xxain said:

Code Veronica matters far more to the overall plot of the series than Nemesis imo. It feels like a proper sequel to Res 2, as it follows up on the unresolved storyline of Claire searching for Chris. It also continues the Wesker storyline which Nemesis also completely ignores. 

But NOTHING comes from it. Claire searching for and finding chris? So what? What does it do for overall lore? Code Veronica has the most forgettable villians and co star(steve) in the entire series. What essential information is missed when going from 3-4 and skipping CV? Code Veronica is like those many Kingdom Hearts games that came out between 2 and 3 with one solely existing just to tell us why Mickey had no cloack at the end of KH1 ... Ok, is that majorly important?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Thank you, at least someone understands, that doesn't resort to calling someone "butthurt" over wanting other previous titles to receive some love. 

Also, I can remember far more foes and characters in Code V, than I ever would for 6. 6 just felt like an utter forgettable mess. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 12 April 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
shikamaru317 said:

Thank you, at least someone understands, that doesn't resort to calling someone "butthurt" over wanting other previous titles to receive some love. 

Also, I can remember far more foes and characters in Code V, than I ever would for 6. 6 just felt like an utter forgettable mess. 

There is no argument that 6 sucked. Don't get confused as I just used it as a testament that Resident Evil will sell on name brand alone. I was ... Baffled how you recognize how lame 6 is, but  stillmanaged 7 mill, but then think that CAPCOM is worried about low sales. RE6 taught them and us low sales will never be an issue for this series. They skipped CV because its not mainline nor essential to grander plot.

Your not helping your case with butthurt thing. Just driving it home.

DonFerrari said:

I wonder if Capcom will clear the air sooner, rather than letting it fester as a mere rumour. 

I am starting to see Code V trending on twitter, just like shikamaru saw earlier. I hope it continues to trend, to show Capcom that Code V needs some love. 

Chazore said:
DonFerrari said:

I wonder if Capcom will clear the air sooner, rather than letting it fester as a mere rumour. 

I am starting to see Code V trending on twitter, just like shikamaru saw earlier. I hope it continues to trend, to show Capcom that Code V needs some love. 

Yes I would love if they had just said "RE CV RE will launch 2021" since there won't be an E3 there is no need to hold news until July, unless of course Sony or MS have made a deal for the game (even marketing rights) to give hype for next gen.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

If code veronica was advertised as RE3 or as RE4 it would uave sold much much more. I believe they want to skip it as since its not a numbered release they know it wont sell well.