By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's predict the price of PS5 and XBOX Series X

 

What is the price of PS5 and XBOX SX?

Both are the same price.$600 0 0%
 
Both are the same price.$500 31 48.44%
 
Both are the same price.$400 2 3.13%
 
PS5 is $ 100 cheaper than XBOX SX 19 29.69%
 
PS5 is $ 50 cheaper than XBOX SX 10 15.63%
 
XBOX SX is $ 100 cheaper than PS5 0 0%
 
XBOX SX is $ 50 cheaper than PS5 2 3.13%
 
Total:64
drkohler said:

On the grand total, the "ssd costs" could be (and probably are) higher on the XSX than on the PS5.

No way.



--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

If the hardware is really as close as people say it is then why would Xbone be $100 more? Both are $399 or $499 most likely.



Both $499 probably, but it also depends on how much the dollar is still worth vs the yen in a few months. Could go either way. So far the Canadian dollar seems to hit worse than the US dollar so not looking good for me. Atm $499 is already CAD 696. Both will be the most expensive console launches in Canadian history.

$499 is currently 54K yen, was fetching Japan 54.4K before the crisis so pretty much the same still.



I expect, as most do, 499 for each.
XBox is the machine with the stronger GPU. But PS5 has faster ssd and it has seemingly a crazy ssd-controller and audio-tech. Don't know as much about the XBox and am not a tech-guy anyways. So maybe the new XBox has something to match Sonys ssd- and audio-chip. But I also think Microsoft is more willing to eat the bigger loss.



I think 450 for PS5 and 500 for XSX.



Around the Network
JuliusHackebeil said:
I expect, as most do, 499 for each.
XBox is the machine with the stronger GPU. But PS5 has faster ssd and it has seemingly a crazy ssd-controller and audio-tech. Don't know as much about the XBox and am not a tech-guy anyways. So maybe the new XBox has something to match Sonys ssd- and audio-chip. But I also think Microsoft is more willing to eat the bigger loss.

XSX does have a dedicated audio chip, same as PS5, but we don't know how the specs of XSX's audio chip compared to the PS5's audio chip. From what I heard, the PS5's dedicated audio chip is as powerful as PS4's Jaguar CPU.



Pemalite said:
drkohler said:

On the grand total, the "ssd costs" could be (and probably are) higher on the XSX than on the PS5.

No way.

Because you didn't understand what I wrote?



honestly everything on the xbox looks off the shelf, while the ps5 sounds more custom. With how cerny talked on the presentation, how debs are talking and all the shows where AMD said they where working closely with sony developing RDNA and never mentioned MS. granted theres still more to know of theese consoles, but what we have seen so far tells me sony invested more into R&D and as such cost of production might be lowered and they will make up the cost of R&D later on. My assumption at least, why I think a $100 cost of production diference is not crazzy. That MS would be willing to eat that cost to mach sony is a diferent matter. I dont think they will. While sony could eat $50 per console to drob it to $400, That would be crazzy to eat $150 per xbox.



It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

shikamaru317 said:

XSX does have a dedicated audio chip, same as PS5,

Neither console has a dedicated audio chip. That would be way too expensive. Both the PS4 and the XBoxS have the audio circuitry in th SoC, and both PS5 and XSX will have the audio circuitry in their SoCs, too.



drkohler said:
shikamaru317 said:

XSX does have a dedicated audio chip, same as PS5,

Neither console has a dedicated audio chip. That would be way too expensive. Both the PS4 and the XBoxS have the audio circuitry in th SoC, and both PS5 and XSX will have the audio circuitry in their SoCs, too.

Sites are calling them dedicated audio chips, even if they're not actually dedicated audio chips:

https://wccftech.com/xbox-series-x-confirmed-to-have-dedicated-audio-chip-sound-developers-wont-have-to-fight-programmers-and-artists-for-memory-and-cpu-power/

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/71104/xbox-series-next-gen-sound-via-dedicated-chip-and-ray-traced-audio/index.html

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-series-x-features-dedicated-audio-chip-confirms-microsoft

https://www.vg247.com/2020/03/18/ps5-3d-audio-tempest-engine/

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/03/guide_ps5_3d_audio_-_what_is_the_tempest_engine_how_will_playstation_5_games_sound_better_and_will_i_need_new_headphones_or_speakers

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 12 April 2020