PS5 is $ 100 cheaper than XBOX SX 19 29.69%

PS5 is $ 50 cheaper than XBOX SX 10 15.63%

XBOX SX is $ 100 cheaper than PS5 0 0%

XBOX SX is $ 50 cheaper than PS5 2 3.13%

Total:64
JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

Oh, I've never thought about that

I doubt the controller complexity adds more than 15$.
And the SSD part is smaller, so abit is saved there too (probably a near wash).

The size differnce between the APU chips (36 CU vs 52 CUs), is alone enough to warrent a ~50$ differnce imo.
Then the 10GB ram of the series X, are rated at much faster speeds = higher price.

Xbox series X will without a doubt be more expensive in terms of BoM, unless sony massively fail in the design department with their console.

I think maybe so.
By the way, Series X die has 56CU.
But 4CU of them are disable.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 11 April 2020

Around the Network

Both $499 or the PS5 is $499 and the XSX is $599. It won't be any lower than that for sure.

I think the one console will be 100 cheaper if the other console price is announced.

One thing to remember is that when the Xbox One X released vs Ps4 Pro, Xbox One X was priced more expensive than the Ps4 Pro. Now new generation could certainly mean new things but unless Xbox Series X is the only console launching and not the rumoured Xbox Series S, I doubt Ps5 and Xbox Series X will have price parity. MS can always sweeten the deal of the Series X with Gamepass and Financing.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Added a poll to the thread.

Around the Network

Where they to anounce blind whithout caring about the other I would say ps5 $400 xbox $500.

But I do beileve MS will lower to $450 and they will wait as much as possible to anounce waiting for Sony. They have nothing else to anounce while waiting is probably waiting for its last big games on ps4 before a full ps5 announcement.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

$499 both

Both will be the same price. MS is to hungry this gen for that not to be the case. Phil said they won't be beat on power and price.

Blood_Tears said:
Both will be the same price. MS is to hungry this gen for that not to be the case. Phil said they won't be beat on power and price.

Depending in the cost diference. There's s limit of how much they are willing to eat.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

499 each. Then Lockhart for 299

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.