Both are the same price.$400 2 3.13%

PS5 is $ 100 cheaper than XBOX SX 19 29.69%

PS5 is $ 50 cheaper than XBOX SX 10 15.63%

XBOX SX is $ 100 cheaper than PS5 0 0%

XBOX SX is $ 50 cheaper than PS5 2 3.13%

Total:64
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Azzanation said:
I am starting to think the PS5 might be more expensive than the Series X based on its Hard drive tech and controllers. I would be guessing they are both aiming for the $499 mark. I predict they will both be the same cost at launch.

Oh, I've never thought about that

I doubt the controller complexity adds more than 15$.
And the SSD part is smaller, so abit is saved there too (probably a near wash).

The size differnce between the APU chips (36 CU vs 52 CUs), is alone enough to warrent a ~50$ differnce imo.
Then the 10GB ram of the series X, are rated at much faster speeds = higher price.

Xbox series X will without a doubt be more expensive in terms of BoM, unless sony massively fail in the design department with their console.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

The size differnce between the APU chips (36 CU vs 52 CUs), is alone enough to warrent a ~50$ differnce imo.
Then the 10GB ram of the series X, are rated at much faster speeds = higher price.

Xbox series X will without a doubt be more expensive in terms of BoM, unless sony massively fail in the design department with their console.

I think maybe so.
By the way, Series X die has 56CU.
But 4CU of them are disable.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 11 April 2020

Both $499 or the PS5 is $499 and the XSX is $599. It won't be any lower than that for sure.

I think the one console will be 100 cheaper if the other console price is announced.

I expect the Xbox Series X costs more to manufacture, but in the end both will launch at the same price. I am going with a launch price of $499 for both consoles.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Oneeee-Chan!!! said:

I would guess that the PS5 controller is at least $20 more expensive to produce than the XSX controller personally. Internal battery (which is likely larger than the one in the DualShock 4) which XSX doesn't have. Voice coil actuators for the adaptive triggers. Haptic feedback grips. Integrated omni-directional noise cancelling microphone that is able to isolate the users voice only according to a patent. Stereo speaker. Touchpad. These are all things that the PS5 controller has that the XSX controller doesn't have. 

I doubt that the PS5 SSD being 175 GB smaller (17.5% smaller) than the XSX SSD is enough to offset the price difference from the PS5 SSD being twice as fast. PS5 is using a custom SSD that is faster than most currently released m.2 PC SSD's, that has to be expensive. 

You have to remember that while XSX does have 10 GB of faster RAM than PS5, it also has 6 GB of slower RAM than PS5, which will help to offset the price difference there.

All in all I personally think that the more expensive SSD and controller on PS5 could offset much of the price difference from the larger XSX chipset. I doubt that PS5 will cost more to produce than the XSX, but I think that the XSX won't cost more than $20 more to produce than the PS5, and with a difference that small, MS would definitely be smart to aim for price parity imo. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 11 April 2020

One thing to remember is that when the Xbox One X released vs Ps4 Pro, Xbox One X was priced more expensive than the Ps4 Pro. Now new generation could certainly mean new things but unless Xbox Series X is the only console launching and not the rumoured Xbox Series S, I doubt Ps5 and Xbox Series X will have price parity. MS can always sweeten the deal of the Series X with Gamepass and Financing.

Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

Added a poll to the thread.

Where they to anounce blind whithout caring about the other I would say ps5 $400 xbox $500.

But I do beileve MS will lower to $450 and they will wait as much as possible to anounce waiting for Sony. They have nothing else to anounce while waiting is probably waiting for its last big games on ps4 before a full ps5 announcement.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

$499 both