Both are the same price.$600 0 0%

Both are the same price.$500 31 48.44%

Both are the same price.$400 2 3.13%

PS5 is $ 100 cheaper than XBOX SX 19 29.69%

PS5 is $ 50 cheaper than XBOX SX 10 15.63%

XBOX SX is $ 100 cheaper than PS5 0 0%

XBOX SX is $ 50 cheaper than PS5 2 3.13%

Total:64

By the way, if there is only one PS5 SKU, don't you think $499 is too expensive?
Personally, I can't imagine it would be $500.

Around the Network

Both priced at $399.
If any of them are over $399 then they will fail worse than any other console in history due to current situation the world is in. Unless the world gets right back to where is was in mid 2019 in just 6 months $399+ consoles will fail.
People got better shit to do with their money at this point.

PS5 will be 399. Don't know about Xbox.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

$499 for both I don't see there been much different in the BOM of each console . I expect MS to have their "E3" Show first and set out a standard $499 price point for the Series X and Sony will likely follow at $499 but if for some reason Sony decide to go crazy and take massive losses to announce a $449 price for the PS5 I fully expect MS to come out and match it similarly to how AMD did with cutting their GPU's prices after a Nvidia price cut before they even launched which would be great for us as consumers but I can't imagine either company would want to eat that degree of loss for such a long duration.

399 for the PS5, 499 for the Xbox One

Around the Network

My guess is that Sony will not go the route of taking a loss and it will sell the PS5 at 449. Sony brand is very strong and they hit it out the park with games there is no need for them to take a loss on each console.

MS on the other hand definitely need to come correct on price so if they do have 2 consoles then you will have a 299/499. MS will heavliy promote their All Access and subscription with 25$ for Series X and Gamepass Ultimate. A deal like that would be hard to pass up especially for new buyers who get Halo, Gears, Forza, Ori and all other MS first/second party games for that price.

loy310 said:
Both priced at $399.
If any of them are over $399 then they will fail worse than any other console in history due to current situation the world is in. Unless the world gets right back to where is was in mid 2019 in just 6 months $399+ consoles will fail.
People got better shit to do with their money at this point.

That

unless we get hyperinflation with all the money printing going on. Then infinity +1

drkohler said:

On the grand total, the "ssd costs" could be (and probably are) higher on the XSX than on the PS5.

No way.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

If the hardware is really as close as people say it is then why would Xbone be $100 more? Both are $399 or $499 most likely.

Both $499 probably, but it also depends on how much the dollar is still worth vs the yen in a few months. Could go either way. So far the Canadian dollar seems to hit worse than the US dollar so not looking good for me. Atm $499 is already CAD 696. Both will be the most expensive console launches in Canadian history.

$499 is currently 54K yen, was fetching Japan 54.4K before the crisis so pretty much the same still.