Both are the same price.$600 0 0%

Both are the same price.$500 31 48.44%

Both are the same price.$400 2 3.13%

PS5 is $ 100 cheaper than XBOX SX 19 29.69%

PS5 is $ 50 cheaper than XBOX SX 10 15.63%

XBOX SX is $ 100 cheaper than PS5 0 0%

XBOX SX is $ 50 cheaper than PS5 2 3.13%

Total:64

So we got to know the rough specifications of both sides.
(Of course We haven't seen the actual game perfomance.)

So what's the price ? 

Will the two be the same price ?
Is the PS5 cheaper ?

Let me know what you think.

My expectation.

PS5 $450
XSX $500
Ps5's die will be smaller, but the cooling and SSD will be higher.
But Overall, i expect the PS5 to be a little cheaper.

Last edited by Oneeee-Chan!!! - on 11 April 2020

Around the Network

Exact same price, even if Microsoft takes a loss on each console.

$500 for ps5 and $600 for XsX.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I think the PS5 controller will increase a bit the price of the console, so I'd say 450 $/€ for the PS5 and 500 $/€ for the XBsX.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I am starting to think the PS5 might be more expensive than the Series X based on its Hard drive tech and controllers. I would be guessing they are both aiming for the $499 mark. I predict they will both be the same cost at launch.

Around the Network

too much vs too much +50$

PS5 will be ~499$
Xbox series X will be ~599$

Is my guess so far.
Xbox will launch a Series Y, for 299$ or so a year down the line.

Azzanation said:
I am starting to think the PS5 might be more expensive than the Series X based on its Hard drive tech and controllers. I would be guessing they are both aiming for the $499 mark. I predict they will both be the same cost at launch.

Oh, I've never thought about that

d21lewis said:
Exact same price, even if Microsoft takes a loss on each console.

Yeah, with all of the money Microsoft is willing to lose on Gamepass publisher deals and discounts, this is a very credible take to have I believe.

Although, I also wouldn't be surprised if either was just $50 lower than the other (though I'd expect Sony would be the one lower in that relationship). 

Oneeee-Chan!!! said:
Azzanation said:

Oh, I've never thought about that

I doubt the controller complexity adds more than 15$.
And the SSD part is smaller, so abit is saved there too (probably a near wash).

The size differnce between the APU chips (36 CU vs 52 CUs), is alone enough to warrent a ~50$ differnce imo.
Then the 10GB ram of the series X, are rated at much faster speeds = higher price.

Xbox series X will without a doubt be more expensive in terms of BoM, unless sony massively fail in the design department with their console.