Gamecube 5 4.17%

Vita 13 10.83%

Wii U 53 44.17%

Saturn 4 3.33%

Dreamcast 18 15.00%

Other 26 21.67%

Total:120
curl-6 said:

A lot of folks weren't aware Wii U outsold the Dreamcast it seems, wonder why.

Anyway, for me it's the Neo Geo, which Wikipedia says sold 1 million. Awesome system, it was literally a 90s arcade machine stuffed into a console shell.

Bristow9091 said:
I own every console on your list, except the Game Gear, so I'll have to go with the Dreamcast unless there's something that sold worse than it? I've had a LOT of consoles, lol.

Some systems that sold worse than Dreamcast include the Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Virtual Boy, Atari 5200, Neo Geo, Turbografx-16, and CD-i.

Wii U was on market a lot longer. As soon as the PS2 launched the Dreamcast pretty much died. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

A lot of folks weren't aware Wii U outsold the Dreamcast it seems, wonder why.

Anyway, for me it's the Neo Geo, which Wikipedia says sold 1 million. Awesome system, it was literally a 90s arcade machine stuffed into a console shell.

Some systems that sold worse than Dreamcast include the Atari Jaguar, 3DO, Virtual Boy, Atari 5200, Neo Geo, Turbografx-16, and CD-i.

Wii U was on market a lot longer. As soon as the PS2 launched the Dreamcast pretty much died. 

I know, I'm just confused why it seems a lot of folks thought Wii U sold worse.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

Personally, it wasn't because I thought the DC sold more. It's that I forgot it existed.

mZuzek loves Smeags. 😢

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

The Wii U's failure is a lot more recent in people's minds than the Dreamcast, which died 20 years ago. 

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YoutubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Gap Charts | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.

Got all Nintendo system, I think I still have my saturn somewhere so that be it.

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
curl-6 said:

The Wii U's failure is a lot more recent in people's minds than the Dreamcast, which died 20 years ago. 

That's what I figured too, but even though it was 20 years back, Dreamcast's failure is legendary as a tragic chapter in gaming history. I guess people forgot just how poorly it sold.

Bet with Liquidlaser: I say PS5 and Xbox Series will sell more than 56 million combined by the end of 2023.

curl-6 said:
trunkswd said:

That's what I figured too, but even though it was 20 years back, Dreamcast's failure is legendary as a tragic chapter in gaming history. I guess people forgot just how poorly it sold.

Many hardware companies have come and gone over the years or went third party. Atari, Commodore, Intellivision, Sega, etc. 

It is a shame the Dreamcast sold so poorly. Sega just couldn't turn things after the failure of the Saturn. Plus Shenmue being the most expensive game to develop at the time and it not selling nearly enough. 

Wii U and a Vita, I still own both of them.

Wii U. Still hooked up to my TV. No regrets.

NNID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
3DS - Currently Gaming Like It's 2011 - The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
PC - Currently Gaming Like It's 2012 - Borderlands 2
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links

After the Neo Geo, next lowest I have is the Turbografx-16, (well, it's my brother's technically, but we share a flat and all our consoles) then Dreamcast.

We're collectors.