Gamecube 5 4.17%

Vita 13 10.83%

Wii U 53 44.17%

Saturn 4 3.33%

Dreamcast 18 15.00%

Other 26 21.67%

Total:120
OdinHades said:

Nokia N-Gage. 3 Million sold according to Wikipedia. But I loved that thing. It could do lots of stuff that smartphones were praised for many years later. It did MP3, Internet browsing and calls long long before Apple introduced the first iPhone and was so proud of combining these three things in one device.

It also had some great games. Playing Tony Hawk on the go back then was a friggin' miracle. And Pathway to Glory was one of the greatest strategy games ever made.

Not making this up. Original N-Gage is designed after GOATSE. Aka the famous pic of the man pulling his butt cheeks apart. The designer was frustrated with Nokia who kept demanding more buttons so he trolled them with a design based on fingers spreading an anus...Nokia didn't know that and approved the design.

And for anyone who forgot what an N-gage looks like. Can you unsee it now? lol The dpad is the ring on the finger.

Last edited by Leynos - on 07 April 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

It's nice to see so many here had a Dreamcast, and it seems we can pretty much all agree it was an awesome little system.

I think a part of what gives it its legendary status is exactly because of the tragedy of its circumstances. It reminds me of Vanguard, the last battleship ever launched in the world, which was also overtaken by the competition and thus despite being great for what it was swiftly left behind by the world.

curl-6 said:

It's nice to see so many here had a Dreamcast, and it seems we can pretty much all agree it was an awesome little system.

I think a part of what gives it its legendary status is exactly because of the tragedy of its circumstances. It reminds me of Vanguard, the last battleship ever launched in the world, which was also overtaken by the competition and thus despite being great for what it was swiftly left behind by the world.

I have 2 DCs and keep one hooked up via HDMI.

trunkswd said:
SammyGiireal said:

True words. As launch DC owner, The DC had better games for pretty much 2 years. The PS2 had a dysmal launch with few good titles, but its hype was massive.

I loved my Dreamcast, even if its life was cut short. There were many gems on the console. 

The biggest surprise for me was Crazy Taxi, who knew a game about being a taxi driver could be so fun!

Signature goes here!

wii u..

best remote controller for tv til this day

Around the Network
curl-6 said:

I know it doesn't make any sense to feel empathy for inanimate machines, but I kinda feel sorry for failed systems, especially the ones that actually have a lot to offer. 

I especially have a soft spot for the Saturn and Dreamcast. Though I can understand why they didn't sell well, it was sad to see Sega's decline and death as a console maker. I still miss them.

Sega was like a friendly rival throughout my childhood. I'd talk shit to the Genesis owners and they'd talk shit about my SNES. Then, we'd swap consoles for a weekend and play each other's games.

I'm with you. When they died, it was the end of an era.

trunkswd said:
TruckOSaurus said:

The biggest surprise for me was Crazy Taxi, who knew a game about being a taxi driver could be so fun!

It is almost like you could drive like a mad man to ensure people get to their destination on time. I wouldn't mind a remaster of Crazy Taxi. 

Same here.  I tried the version of it on Steam, but it just doesn't hold up well.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Crazi Taxi is still fun as hell but the re-release sucks. It's a bad port and they removed the original OST.

d21lewis said:
curl-6 said:

I know it doesn't make any sense to feel empathy for inanimate machines, but I kinda feel sorry for failed systems, especially the ones that actually have a lot to offer. 

I especially have a soft spot for the Saturn and Dreamcast. Though I can understand why they didn't sell well, it was sad to see Sega's decline and death as a console maker. I still miss them.

Sega was like a friendly rival throughout my childhood. I'd talk shit to the Genesis owners and they'd talk shit about my SNES. Then, we'd swap consoles for a weekend and play each other's games.

I'm with you. When they died, it was the end of an era.

I missed out on the Megadrive vs SNES trash talk as the only people I knew with a Megadrive were my cousins who lived across the state, and when we visited them we'd just be like "oh cool, a different system, I wanna try it out." I didn't even become aware of the brand rivalry til I read about it in a gaming magazine in 1999 or so.

I actually picked up my cousin's Megadrive years later; it'd been sitting in a box in their shed collecting dust for years so when I asked if they still had it they were like "it's yours if you want it", and I still have it today.

I remember reading about the Saturn and Dreamcast back in their day and being fascinated, but not being able to get them as I was too young to have my own money and my parents thought having an SNES and an N64 was enough for us. Ended up buying them in my late teens when once I got a job and some income.

Somehow despite having their own charms, neither Playstation nor Xbox were ever quite able to fill the hole left by Sega, at least for me.