By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

NightlyPoe said:
sethnintendo said:
“The Republican Party has grown incredibly from when it was and we have a whole different group of people in the Republican Party,” Mr Trump said on Friday.

Yep right about that just the racist switched from democrats to republicans in 50s/60s

You do know that Democrats still basically held the South until 1994 (and remained powerful past 2000), right?  Over a generation after the segregation ended and well after views on race had changed.

I should also note that the Democrat party is going through a nasty case of racism itself at the moment.

...Wait, you said you were NOT a Trump supporter? Are ya positive? You sound just like one. Like all the time practically.

I mean there does seem to be a curious absence of people using this thread to voice their support for the sitting president of the United States. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe some people were just, y'know, kind of embarrassed at this point.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
“The Republican Party has grown incredibly from when it was and we have a whole different group of people in the Republican Party,” Mr Trump said on Friday.

Yep right about that just the racist switched from democrats to republicans in 50s/60s

“Like people don’t remember, nobody ever heard of it until I came along, nobody remembered it for a long time, or they didn’t use it at least, I use it all the time: Abraham Lincoln was a Republican. You know you say that and people say, ‘I didn’t know that’, but he was Republican, so we’re doing a great job.”

Nope just you and your dumbass voter base. Most people know history unlike you.

Some of my favorite Trump quotes:

"I don't repeat myself. I don't repeat myself."

"The kidney has a very special place in the heart."

"I just met with...the Prince of Whales..."

"My fingers are long and beautiful, as, it has been well documented, are various other parts of my body."

ON SAME-SEX MARRIAGE: "It's like in golf... A lot of people - I don't want this to sound trivial - but a lot of people are switching to these really long putters, very unattractive... it's weird. You see these great players with these really long putters, because they can't sink three-footers anymore. And, I hate it. I am a traditionalist. I have so many fabulous friends who happen to be gay, but I am a traditionalist." 

NightlyPoe said:
Jaicee said:

...Wait, you said you were NOT a Trump supporter? Are ya positive? You sound just like one. Like all the time practically.

I mean there does seem to be a curious absence of people using this thread to voice their support for the sitting president of the United States. I wouldn't be surprised if maybe some people were just, y'know, kind of embarrassed at this point.

I told you, I'm a free agent.  Trump's taking over the party made me politically homeless.

Doesn't mean I'm going to ignore it when people re-write history or give Democrats a pass for promoting the most overtly racist wave the country has seen since the 60s.

It's okay: you can say the truth. You don't have to be embarrassed. Well okay, you really should be but...

...I'm t-r-o-l-l-i-n-g you because you make it so easy and fun by having no sense of humor!

Trump canceling another rally due to low attendance fears. This really isn't a repeat of 2016 people, Trump is legitimately sabotaging himself.

newwil7l said:

Trump canceling another rally due to low attendance fears. This really isn't a repeat of 2016 people, Trump is legitimately sabotaging himself.

Trump has been sabotaging himself his entire presidency.  Really though, this pandemic has really exposed what type of leader he really is... which is to say he isn’t one.  Fact of the matter is that Trump realized the only thing he really had to stand on for his re-election was the economy, when that went to crap because of Covid he panicked.  He rushed the reopening and now is pretending that we aren’t in the middle of a pandemic that is just getting worse.  If he wants the economy to get back on track, he should be up there educating and being an example of the things people need to be doing to stay open rather then pretending there isn’t an issue at all.  At this rate, we are gonna have to close down again soon which would really sink him...

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
sethnintendo said:

You do know that Democrats still basically held the South until 1994 (and remained powerful past 2000), right?  Over a generation after the segregation ended and well after views on race had changed.

I should also note that the Democrat party is going through a nasty case of racism itself at the moment.

Are you saying the GOP party today is the same one during Lincoln time.  No there was not big switch that happen between the parties but a gradual one that happen over decades and basically its more regional then party stances. The party started to change when its leaders started to cater to that good old southern vote. You only have to look at the voting throughout the years and how it has changed over the decades to see exactly how things have changed between the Dems and GOP especially when the Dems started to embrace more civil rights agendas  Actually, this is during the time when most black Americans started to leave the GOP party because the GOP started to cater to more white southern voters by voting against civil rights.

NightlyPoe said:
Jaicee said:

Yar, I do shallow digs at Trump. They're fun and ridiculously easy to do.

All cheap political digs are ridiculously easy to do.

Anyway, this response just makes it abundantly clear to me that you would literally say ANYTHING to defend Trump regardless of how little sense it makes. You clearly don't care what he stands for or if he even stands for anything anymore.

Not even a Trump supporter dude.  At this point just a free agent calling out the BS.

I see a lot of pools giving Biden a huge lead over trump, much higher than what Hillary had in 2016 so it seams the past will not repeat itself again, especially when I see all the mail vote stuff. Question: does these pools take into consideration the electoral college or is just a national pool? Because Biden having a 51-49 or 99-1 lead in California or NY for example doesnt change a thing in the elections. Just curious.

EnricoPallazzo said:
NightlyPoe said:

All cheap political digs are ridiculously easy to do.

Anyway, this response just makes it abundantly clear to me that you would literally say ANYTHING to defend Trump regardless of how little sense it makes. You clearly don't care what he stands for or if he even stands for anything anymore.

Not even a Trump supporter dude.  At this point just a free agent calling out the BS.

I see a lot of pools giving Biden a huge lead over trump, much higher than what Hillary had in 2016 so it seams the past will not repeat itself again, especially when I see all the mail vote stuff. Question: does these pools take into consideration the electoral college or is just a national pool? Because Biden having a 51-49 or 99-1 lead in California or NY for example doesnt change a thing in the elections. Just curious.

Depends on what kind of poll it is. There are both National polls and statewide polls. National polls normally don't take the electoral college into account, but when you take a look at the statewide polls, you can see that Trump will loose several states - too many to get reelected. Here's a little overview of each:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

Bofferbrauer2 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Depends on what kind of poll it is. There are both National polls and statewide polls. National polls normally don't take the electoral college into account, but when you take a look at the statewide polls, you can see that Trump will loose several states - too many to get reelected. Here's a little overview of each:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nationwide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statewide_opinion_polling_for_the_2020_United_States_presidential_election

Many thanks, nice reading. I was impressed by Biden's advantage in Florida. Dont remember how much it was in 2016 but it seems it's not something that can be recovered this time.

EnricoPallazzo said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Many thanks, nice reading. I was impressed by Biden's advantage in Florida. Dont remember how much it was in 2016 but it seems it's not something that can be recovered this time.

I'm even more impressed by the fact that Texas is pretty much a tossup right now. Should the Republicans ever loose that bastion the chances for an election will get incredibly dim for them.