Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

I don't have control over this....either as a mod or thread creator....but I do wish we would all stop discussing Kanye's POTUS run as though it were legitimate. It's a promotional stunt. Nothing more, nothing less. He's not Ronald Reagan, not Arnold Schwarzenegger, not Jesse Ventura or any other celebrity turned politician.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:

For all those who wonder what Kayne West's political positions are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_2020_presidential_campaign#Political_positions

So pretty standard Republican stuff apart from being against the death penalty and supporting a more sustainable, environment-friendly economy.

He wants to give people land. If he uses that as one of his main policies he has my vote.

jason1637 said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

For all those who wonder what Kayne West's political positions are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_2020_presidential_campaign#Political_positions

So pretty standard Republican stuff apart from being against the death penalty and supporting a more sustainable, environment-friendly economy.

He wants to give people land. If he uses that as one of his main policies he has my vote.

Dude, it’s freaking Kanye West.  Married to Kim kardashian.  This would be like Trump on steroids times 100.  He has no business running a military, being a diplomat, or having any kind of responsibility over peoples lives.  It is your vote and you can do what you want with it... I just wish people would put more thought into stuff like this.  Presidential candidates are more than just the issues they run on.  Especially since 90% of the issues they run on have nothing to do with their jobs and more to do with the legislative branch of government.  

OK. I was diplomatic before.

Stop talking about Kanye. He's not a candidate.

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

This is not a parody account. Some lawmakers (or those running for congress) are actually this stupid.

Last edited by Hiku - on 09 July 2020

Around the Network

I'm just amused Kanye's decided his party will be called the Birthday Party.

Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't that a good thing?

Maybe it's just because I'm not American, but personally I wouldn't want anybody with a military mindset leading the country.

The majority of United States presidents have had a military background of one type or another.  Matter of fact, from 1945-1993 every president served in World War II in one capacity or another.  They almost made it to the 21st century as Bob Dole, the final WWII candidate, lost in 1996.

It's been a recent shift that military service has become such a low priority among the electorate.  In the 1990s, Bill Clinton had to face questions about his lack of military service in the Vietnam era.  As recently as the 2000s, 4 of the 5 people nominated for president by the major parties served in the military (Obama being the lone exception).

It's actually served the nation pretty well I think.  If you've been in the military, you've presumably learned discipline and leadership.  If you've been a commander, you have real-life experience making consequential life-and-death decisions.

NightlyPoe said:

I'm just amused Kanye's decided his party will be called the Birthday Party.

Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't that a good thing?

Maybe it's just because I'm not American, but personally I wouldn't want anybody with a military mindset leading the country.

The majority of United States presidents have had a military background of one type or another.  Matter of fact, from 1945-1993 every president served in World War II in one capacity or another.  They almost made it to the 21st century as Bob Dole, the final WWII candidate, lost in 1996.

It's been a recent shift that military service has become such a low priority among the electorate.  In the 1990s, Bill Clinton had to face questions about his lack of military service in the Vietnam era.  As recently as the 2000s, 4 of the 5 people nominated for president by the major parties served in the military (Obama being the lone exception).

It's actually served the nation pretty well I think.  If you've been in the military, you've presumably learned discipline and leadership.  If you've been a commander, you have real-life experience making consequential life-and-death decisions.

I don't disagree with anything in your post.  I just want to offer a explanation for the shift in thinking.  For most of our history almost everyone knew someone that have serve in the military but after 1973 when our military became volunteer that started to shift and human nature is when you not expose at a personal level to all the great people in the military, unfortunately people start conflicting Military policy (which made by politicians) to the people who actually serving.

I am a civilian and never served my self but I been lucky enough in my job to work along side many people who have served and I completely believe we would have been in less not more conflicts over the last couple decades if people who have experience military conflicts first hand was in charge.  Let not forgot it was the only general who ever been president Eisenhower that warned against the military industrial complex.  

SpokenTruth said:
OK. I was diplomatic before.

Stop talking about Kanye. He's not a candidate.

i actually believe you are being a little to hasty concerning your opinion of Kanye presidency run.  The reason I say this is that as one poster showed, his run basically could be a ploy to split the black vote or give an avenue for people who dislike both GOP and Dems candidates someone to vote for even though the chances of of him willing is extremely slim.  The key point I am looking at here is who will he siphon votes from if he actually register as a candidate.  Will he be able to garner enough votes to go on a debate with Trump and Biden and will he raise up enough money to actually have any advertisements on a national level.  Right now, those questions probably will be no for each case but who knows, with the right backing and money it would be interesting to see what the outcome will be.  If Kanye could get the young vote, maybe split the black vote or reduce it enough, it could give Trump back the edge he needs which could be the plan.

Feels like 2016 all over again. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Its up to you guys in the US. The world is at stake. Choose wisely

KLXVER said:
Feels like 2016 all over again. Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

Its up to you guys in the US. The world is at stake. Choose wisely

I think it goes without saying a Yeezus/Candance Owens ticket will win over all US VGChartz members.

August 2020 Articles:

https://www.darkstation.com/reviews/the-wake-mourning-father-mourning-mother-review (The Wake: Mourning Father, Mourning Mother Review - 2.5/5 Stars)