Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Wman1996 said:
I'm perplexed by Kanye West running. I mean he warned us back in 2015, but then he said a few years ago that he would wait until 2024. Now, here we are.
Kanye's got a lot going against him. He has no political or military experience. He's eccentric and egotistical. He's a billionaire. And he just coveted an endorsement with Elon Musk, who is a scum bag.
On the other hand, Donald Trump has done many horrible things as President. Some continued from previous administrations, and some new problems. Joe Biden has cognitive decline, and has a very poor record.
I'm interested to see what Kanye's stance on the issues would be. He's unpredictable, and he might even flip flop on a lot of things if he somehow got into office.

Isn't that a good thing?

Maybe it's just because I'm not American, but personally I wouldn't want anybody with a military mindset leading the country.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Wman1996 said:
I'm perplexed by Kanye West running. I mean he warned us back in 2015, but then he said a few years ago that he would wait until 2024. Now, here we are.
Kanye's got a lot going against him. He has no political or military experience. He's eccentric and egotistical. He's a billionaire. And he just coveted an endorsement with Elon Musk, who is a scum bag.
On the other hand, Donald Trump has done many horrible things as President. Some continued from previous administrations, and some new problems. Joe Biden has cognitive decline, and has a very poor record.
I'm interested to see what Kanye's stance on the issues would be. He's unpredictable, and he might even flip flop on a lot of things if he somehow got into office.

Isn't that a good thing?

Maybe it's just because I'm not American, but personally I wouldn't want anybody with a military mindset leading the country.

The president is the Commander in Chief.  It's not that we want them military minded but at least knowledgeable of military operations, procedures, chain of command, etc...

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

SpokenTruth said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Isn't that a good thing?

The president is the Commander in Chief.  It's not that we want them military minded but at least knowledgeable of military operations, procedures, chain of command, etc...

Surely it would be better for them not to have the "let's murder people for oil money" mindset even if they don't know any of that stuff. Besides, chain of command and the like isn't exactly a hard concept, pretty much anybody who's had a job before should understand that one.

Bet Shiken that COD would outsell Battlefield in 2018. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8749702

Ka-pi96 said:
SpokenTruth said:

Surely it would be better for them not to have the "let's murder people for oil money" mindset even if they don't know any of that stuff. Besides, chain of command and the like isn't exactly a hard concept, pretty much anybody who's had a job before should understand that one.

Agreed that we don't want them to have that mind set.  And keep in mind that not everybody in the military does. And by chain of command, I'm more referring to actionable jurisdiction. What each commander in that chain is responsible for.  How they and the president function with foreign leaders and military commanders, joint training exercises and operations, national guard, etc...

Massimus - "Trump already has democrat support."

Good diplomatic skills,knowing when to be agreeable with advisors,and someone that everyone can stand behind as one people.
If the USA gets such a president i'm happy.

Around the Network

Trump FTW!!

Trump FTW!!

Immersiveunreality said:
Good diplomatic skills,knowing when to be agreeable with advisors,and someone that everyone can stand behind as one people.
If the USA gets such a president i'm happy.

Well Biden crosses the first two. I don't think we will get a candidate that qualifies for number three for a good while until the polarization in America simmers down again. Last president America largely all stood behind was Regan.

So Ye did an interview with Forbes and is actually running. Hes trying to get into ballots coming up and the ones he missed l
He's spoken with Kushner and Biden.
His VP is pastor michelle tidball
Current advisors are his wife and Elon. Plans go make Elson jead of NASA or something along those lines.
Slofan is "YES" and is running under the Birthday party because when he wins we all win.
Kanye has lost trust in trump and calls his administration a big mess and doesn't like how he hid a in bunker.
He had COVID in February amd doesn't like how Trumps handling it.
If he loses 2020 he will run in 2024.

For all those who wonder what Kayne West's political positions are:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanye_West_2020_presidential_campaign#Political_positions

So pretty standard Republican stuff apart from being against the death penalty and supporting a more sustainable, environment-friendly economy.