By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

Bofferbrauer2 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Many thanks, nice reading. I was impressed by Biden's advantage in Florida. Dont remember how much it was in 2016 but it seems it's not something that can be recovered this time.

I'm even more impressed by the fact that Texas is pretty much a tossup right now. Should the Republicans ever loose that bastion the chances for an election will get incredibly dim for them.

It’s because the gop keeps pushing the Latino population further and further away.  It’s why the Southwest is slowly turning blue.  My niece is Latino and her family pretty much agree with the gop on most things, but vote democrat most of the time because of their rhetoric on Latinos.  If the Latino population becomes as democratic as the black population, the gop is done as a political party for the most part.  

Around the Network
newwil7l said:

Trump canceling another rally due to low attendance fears. This really isn't a repeat of 2016 people, Trump is legitimately sabotaging himself.

And Donnie Dumb Dumb sabotaged himself even further by retweeting this Chuck Woolery tweet calling COVID a hoax in the face of his sinking poll numbers in key swing states as a result of his exacerbating COVID (a reality show host retweeting a former game show host, irony FTW): 

I'd love to see the look on his face when he becomes a 1 term president.

Last edited by KManX89 - on 13 July 2020

gergroy said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I'm even more impressed by the fact that Texas is pretty much a tossup right now. Should the Republicans ever loose that bastion the chances for an election will get incredibly dim for them.

It’s because the gop keeps pushing the Latino population further and further away.  It’s why the Southwest is slowly turning blue.  My niece is Latino and her family pretty much agree with the gop on most things, but vote democrat most of the time because of their rhetoric on Latinos.  If the Latino population becomes as democratic as the black population, the gop is done as a political party for the most part.  

That, and the increasing urbanisation of Texas. The big cities like Houston or Dallas are already deep blue, and the trend is likely to continue shifting the state over to the blue side.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Texas_2016_presidential_results_by_county.png

Of course, his handling of the Latinx people is certainly even more pushing the state over to the other camp. The southern tip especially is mostly inhabited by Latinos and they are overwhelmingly voting Democrats

KManX89 said:
newwil7l said:

Trump canceling another rally due to low attendance fears. This really isn't a repeat of 2016 people, Trump is legitimately sabotaging himself.

And Donnie Dumb Dumb sabotaged himself even further by retweeting this Chuck Woolery tweet calling COVID a hoax in the face of his sinking poll numbers in key swing states as a result of his exacerbating COVID (a reality show host retweeting a former game show host, irony FTW): 

I'd love to see the look on his face when he becomes a 1 term president.

I travelled through time and catched this picture of him after not getting reelected:

gergroy said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Actually Biden is weaker with latinos than Clinton was in 2016. I think the Southwest is turing blue because college educated whites are increasingly leaning towards democrats. 

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Many thanks, nice reading. I was impressed by Biden's advantage in Florida. Dont remember how much it was in 2016 but it seems it's not something that can be recovered this time.

I wouldnt go as far as that, I would always add at least 2 points to trump numbers due to the vote shame effect, so I dont think texas is at high risk, but definitely there is some risk in there.

newwil7l said:
gergroy said:

Actually Biden is weaker with latinos than Clinton was in 2016. I think the Southwest is turing blue because college educated whites are increasingly leaning towards democrats. 

Do you think the migration of people from california to texas might have something to do with it or it's irrelevant at the moment?

SpokenTruth said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Do you think the migration of people from california to texas might have something to do with it or it's irrelevant at the moment?

Migration?

you know what I meant, sorry if I did not use the correct vernacular for the subject discussed above.

NightlyPoe said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

you know what I meant, sorry if I did not use the correct vernacular for the subject discussed above.

You used it right.  Not sure why he questioned the word.

Thanks. I'm curious about this because I've seen several times republicans complaining that people were moving from California due to the high cost of living and going to texas, and with time that would help the state to be flipped. I even saw some pictures of people recommending you to change your license plate to texas once you move there. No idea if this might be relevant though, you would need millions of people moving in order to flip the state.

EnricoPallazzo said:
NightlyPoe said:

You used it right.  Not sure why he questioned the word.

Thanks. I'm curious about this because I've seen several times republicans complaining that people were moving from California due to the high cost of living and going to texas, and with time that would help the state to be flipped. I even saw some pictures of people recommending you to change your license plate to texas once you move there. No idea if this might be relevant though, you would need millions of people moving in order to flip the state.

Ah yea changing plate might be wise move.  I had a neighbor riding with me about 6 months back or so and I got behind a car with California plates.  It got him pissed off instant he saw it because he is die hard republican and views almost everyone from Cali as liberal or democrat.  Let's just say I don't talk to him anymore right now after he was defending confederate flag and statues on July 4th.

I just want to leave Austin area because too many people from everywhere have moved here.  Doesn't help when Austin would make it on best place to live or move to list in past decade or two.  Austin used to be under 500k population around 2000...  I don't even want to know what it is now.  I think I'm done with this state myself anyways.  Once this shit dies down and if I'm still alive I'll look for a new job in different state less populated.  For now I'll stick with my current job here.

So to answer your question yes some Texas cities see huge increase from other states.  Austin has always been more liberal than rest of state.  Basically here in Texas you have Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio and Houston.   All other cities/towns are mainly shit.  Heck I don't even like the other major cities because too many damn people.