By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Official 2020 US Presidential Election Thread

sethnintendo said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Thanks. I'm curious about this because I've seen several times republicans complaining that people were moving from California due to the high cost of living and going to texas, and with time that would help the state to be flipped. I even saw some pictures of people recommending you to change your license plate to texas once you move there. No idea if this might be relevant though, you would need millions of people moving in order to flip the state.

Ah yea changing plate might be wise move.  I had a neighbor riding with me about 6 months back or so and I got behind a car with California plates.  It got him pissed off instant he saw it because he is die hard republican and views almost everyone from Cali as liberal or democrat.  Let's just say I don't talk to him anymore right now after he was defending confederate flag and statues on July 4th.

I just want to leave Austin area because too many people from everywhere have moved here.  Doesn't help when Austin would make it on best place to live or move to list in past decade or two.  Austin used to be under 500k population around 2000...  I don't even want to know what it is now.  I think I'm done with this state myself anyways.  Once this shit dies down and if I'm still alive I'll look for a new job in different state less populated.  For now I'll stick with my current job here.

So to answer your question yes some Texas cities see huge increase from other states.  Austin has always been more liberal than rest of state.  Basically here in Texas you have Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio and Houston.   All other cities/towns are mainly shit.  Heck I don't even like the other major cities because too many damn people.

Austin had 650k Inhabitants according to the 2000 census. Had you said 1990, were there were 200k less inhabitants, your statement would have been correct, but not for 2000 anymore.

Don't know what the numbers for this year's census will be, but in 2010 there were 790k Inhabitants in Austin.

However, Austin had been growing so fast ever since the 1930's, it's not a new development. In the 1920's, there were only 35k Inhabitants in Austin, by 1950 it was almost 135k already. In fact, percentage-wise, the increase has actually strongly slowed down since 2000; it was around 40% increase every 10 years since the 1950's (and 50% every 10 years between 1920 and 1950), but that dropped to just 20% in 2010.

Around the Network
sethnintendo said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Thanks. I'm curious about this because I've seen several times republicans complaining that people were moving from California due to the high cost of living and going to texas, and with time that would help the state to be flipped. I even saw some pictures of people recommending you to change your license plate to texas once you move there. No idea if this might be relevant though, you would need millions of people moving in order to flip the state.

Ah yea changing plate might be wise move.  I had a neighbor riding with me about 6 months back or so and I got behind a car with California plates.  It got him pissed off instant he saw it because he is die hard republican and views almost everyone from Cali as liberal or democrat.  Let's just say I don't talk to him anymore right now after he was defending confederate flag and statues on July 4th.

I just want to leave Austin area because too many people from everywhere have moved here.  Doesn't help when Austin would make it on best place to live or move to list in past decade or two.  Austin used to be under 500k population around 2000...  I don't even want to know what it is now.  I think I'm done with this state myself anyways.  Once this shit dies down and if I'm still alive I'll look for a new job in different state less populated.  For now I'll stick with my current job here.

So to answer your question yes some Texas cities see huge increase from other states.  Austin has always been more liberal than rest of state.  Basically here in Texas you have Austin, Dallas/Ft. Worth, San Antonio and Houston.   All other cities/towns are mainly shit.  Heck I don't even like the other major cities because too many damn people.

Man, dont do it. Dont stop talking to people or cutting relations with them because of political/religious or whatever reasons. We are already too divided and its just getting worse. I have friends that are literally communists and even a few anarchists, and being a religious person I even have friends that basically hate religions. Never ceased my relationships with none of them because of it. We just dont talk about it and instead focus on things we enjoy.

What happened in my country since 2013 is just sad, even people inside families dont talk to each other any more and even some cases of parents vs sons/daughters.

I respect your decision but really, it just makes things worse. 

What..... the..... actual..... fuck?????

This guy is senile.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

But but but it's Obama's fault. The buck doesn't stop here.

Apparently Donald Trump has a new conspiracy.
He believes that over 100 million people are conspiring to force him out of office. The Liberal media calls it an election, but his followers know this is a blatant coup d'état against earthly father!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00751701/1422253
Looks like Ye filled the paperwork.

jason1637 said:
https://docquery.fec.gov/cgi-bin/forms/C00751701/1422253
Looks like Ye filled the paperwork.

Looks like he dropped out right after he did that though...🤷‍♂️

NightlyPoe said:
gergroy said:

Looks like he dropped out right after he did that though...🤷‍♂️

The paperwork was filed today.  The report that he dropped out was yesterday.

This. Also he submitted the paperwork this afternoon to appear on Oklahoma's ballot.  https://www.koco.com/amp/article/kanye-west-qualifies-for-general-election-ballot-in-oklahoma-election-officials-say/33328337

Jumpin said:

What..... the..... actual..... fuck?????

This guy is senile.

Trunp doesn't know how to take responsibility for his failures. When he loses in November he will probably blame everyone but himself. 

Trump is backpedaling on the virus, polls look grimmer by the day, enthusiasm for Trump which was Trump's strongest selling point is waning. I thought he couldn't reach a new low after June but I was wrong. A lot can still change from now to November but I don't see him being able to get out of this hole.