By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Staring into the abyss of a world where Nintendo has no games scheduled for release. Edit: The Time of Darkness Has Arrived

They can't have a direct if they don't have any games to announce. They unfortunately scrapped a ton of projects to start from scratch.

Around the Network
Dyotropic said:
They can't have a direct if they don't have any games to announce. They unfortunately scrapped a ton of projects to start from scratch.

Got a source for that?

Mar1217 said:
Dyotropic said:

Care to explain this baseless statement ?

the only example i know of is metroid prime 4. are there any others?

Imagine if Animal Crossing: New Horizons released in November or December of 2019. We'd have virtually no first-party support until at least the summer. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we only end up getting a paltry 4 new first-party games from Nintendo this year (and that includes Animal Crossing). That would be really sucky, but it's looking possible.

I hope in the last years of the Switch and during the lifespan of its successor we finally reap the rewards of Nintendo releasing to one hybrid platfrom. Because we're still not there yet.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's shocking that no direct was announced for tomorrow :O
Really Nintendo doesn't have any new game to show us for the rest of the year?!?

Around the Network

I don't think it's coming this week .

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It’s official, Nintendo has NO new games for the year. Wrap it up

I'm sure we'll get a Direct soon.

Nintendo just released the biggest exclusive of the year and they know they don't need to release anything for the next few months, that's how big AC is. There's no need to announce anything right now especially with most of the world shut down.

I think a simple tweet like "We don't have stuff ready to show yet, but we have stuff coming" would be appreciated. The silence makes people more worried I think.