Sigh, JPRGfan has a point. :(
All the evidence so far points to 2020 being a complete wasteland for the Switch. They have literally nothing dated passed March 20th, and it's March 4th. This is Wii U 2016 levels of terrible.
The lack of a general Direct since September proves they are more than willing to starve and mistreat their loyal fanbase for no reason, I suspect they'll do the same with games and just blame it on COVID-19.
I think "starve and mistreat" are an over-exaggeration.
Here's a list of things that happened since the early September Direct:
- The huge list of September releases (i.e., Daemon x Machina, Link's Awakening remake, Dragon Quest XI S, etc.).
- Luigi's Mansion 3 in October and Pokemon Sw/Sh in November
- Nintendo Switch had a dominant Black Friday and Holiday season
- A Nindies presentation occurred a few days before the Game Awards
- A new trailer for NMH3, Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 DLC, and Bravely Default II were announced at the Game Awards
- Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore released in January
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake was announced in January and will release this week. Pokemon Sw/Sh DLC announced in the same presentation
- The 5th figher in the Fighter's Pass was announced along with the fact that 6 new characters will be part of Vol. 2 the week after the Pokemon Direct
- Fire Emblem Three Houses DLC was announced after the Smash Bros. presentation
- Multiple games have released between January and now (i.e., Dark Crystal, Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, DMC 3: Special Edition, Warface (ftp), Brain Age in Japan, etc.)
- Animal Crossing just had its own Direct and a huge booth in PAX East
So I find it hard to believe anyone would be "starved or mistreated" from all of this. I haven't even completed all of the games I am currently playing like Fire Emblem, Pokemon, or XC2.
I get that you want more info on release dates after Animal Crossing, but Nintendo will release more info when they are ready to do so.
Also, I would not take the COVID-19 lightly. Japan has closed multiple schools due to this. Production of hardware has slowed down due to factories in China having to stop work in relation to the virus.
Edit: Forgot to mention Metro Redux and Under Night ReBirth are also notable games that just released.
Edit again: Just keep in mind, their next fiscal year will not start until the start of April so they are pretty much finishing their fiscal year strong with Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Last edited by Kai_Mao - on 04 March 2020