By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Favourite Nintendo system in terms of hardware (Not software)

Probably have to go Switch, love the hybrid functionality, compact nature of the thing, and the detachable controllers. It's much more comfortable for me to play with the Joycons separately in each hand. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Around the Network

From just the hardware perspective, I think mine is going to be a tie between Switch and GameCube. I have owned every Nintendo console - even the Virtual Boy lol! - but Switch and GameCube are my favs for hardware. Switch for the obvious reasons; GameCube for its unique shape and same size, and that amazing controller.

It gotta be Switch. Apart from the dual screen, it does everything what other Nintendo consoles can do.

The Switch really is quite ingenious when it comes to its sheer versatility and how many different ways it can be used, from traditional handheld, to traditional console, to tabletop, the many different uses of the Joycons, even crazy shenanigans like LABO.

Just give it better buttons/sticks and a proper front-facing IR pointer and it'd be my favourite by far.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 11 March 2020

Gamecube for me, there was something about the tiny game disks, that purple colour, the handle and the amazing controllers that I just loved so much. It also had the best start up screen ever!

Around the Network
victor83fernandes said:
KungKras said:
SNES

It was good, but not as strong as a gamecube, and cartridges sometimes didn't work you had to blow inside the cartridge or system.

It was the strongest of its era (unlike gamecube that was the second strongest, and don't say neo geo, neo geo was basically a home arcade machine, not a comparable situation to gamecube vs xbox)

Disagree about cartridges. They might get a fiddly connection sometimes, but once a CD drive is broken, it's broken forever. Also, two of my gamecube controllers have gotten worn out while my SNES controllest still work perfectly. AND SNES hardware could be expanded with addon chips in the cartridges. There's no way to put extra chips into disc games.

I LOVE ICELAND!

I would say the Wii, the Switch, the DS, and the GameCube, not necessarily in that order. The Wii and the DS I would list mainly for their focus on engaging the player with multiple different types of control schemes and inputs that overall worked pretty well, and physically speaking the Wii and the DSlite/DSi were pretty sleek looking systems. The GameCube I'd list mainly for it's sensible choices when it comes to the hardware design and ease for the developer to make games for, but otherwise the thing is hideous and poorly executed. Switch is mainly a blending of both worlds, where it offers various interesting control schemes, while using very straightforward dev-friendly hardware/tools and looks relatively sleek and stylish in the process.

Edit: Also I just realized how old this thread is, woops.

Last edited by Raven - on 04 December 2020