By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Switch owners, did you have a Wii U/3DS?

I owned a...

Wii U 10 8.40%

3DS 14 11.76%

Both 80 67.23%

Neither 15 12.61%

Total:119

I have both. The 3DS might be one of the worst Nintendo platforms I've ever had (not bad, just the worst of what we got). Luckily for the poor thing, CFW gives it a whole new life with a plethora of emulators and options and in the end I'm very happy with it.

Wii U on the other hand is probably the home console I played the most in my life. It's a shame most of its games are now on the Switch, because that means less reasons to turn it on again. But since it's backwards compatible with the Wii and it still has many games I like to play like the HD Zeldas, Tekken Tag 2, ZombiU, Xenoblade X, Pikmin 3, Super Mario 3D World, Star Fox Zero, Affordable Space Adventures... and a very robust selection of classic games within the Virtual Console... It's a console I come back to every now and then.

Around the Network

VGC during the Wii U era: Wii U is shit and should never have happened

VGC nowadays: The Wii U is much better than the Swith

Okay, then.

I have both, by the way. I love both like the next guy but I still prefer the Switch.

Yeah I have both. Neither of them get alot of use. Probably haven't turned either on in about 2/3 years.

I only had the WiiU, got my fill of portable dual-screens with the DS.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 22 February 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

I have a 3DS, but not a WiiU.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Both! No regrets with getting the WiiU either.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Both. Got a 3DS at launch (not a good idea) and a Wii U in Summer 2014. I then got a Switch in Summer 2017.

From the GameCube and GBA onward I get every Nintendo platform. There's always at least a few 1st-party games I want to play.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

My Nintendo consoles all time:

NES - I love this one

SNES - I love this one

N64 - I REALLY REALLY HATE THIS ONE (one of the worst videogames i had...i have 34 videogames)

Nintendo wii - I love this one

Nintendo Switch - I love this one

I´ve never had any portable nintendo consoles like "game boy" family.

Have a Wii U, but skipped right past the 3DS, even though I have all the other consoles and handhelds from Nintendo (except Virtual Boy of course)

Had neither. The Wii U having only one gamepad was just bizarre, I pretty much just stopped paying attention to video games from 2011 until the Switch came out. Only portable I ever had was Game Boy. Love the Switch. It's hard to compare it to like nostalgia of my childhood growing up with NES, SNES, N64, but Switch is pretty awesome.