By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA: "There isn't much room for other titles than 1st party on Switch"

SammyGiireal said:
They would make money on the switch, Call of Duty would make money on the Switch. It won't sell 10 million units but it can sell 1-2 million units. There should be profit. Maybe they are lazy at optimizing games for the hardware. Maybe they are looking for that 10 mill number...I suspect that if the Switch keeps selling at the pace that it is selling at...we will see Madden and eventually some remaster of last gen CoD on it.

Given how well Switch has done its quite surprising EA hasn't tested the water with 7th gen ports. But remasters aren't really something they do much.

EA's focus is just making games for Xbox, Playstation and PC. So if you don't play on Switch you certainly have options.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

When you can't use the install base excuse, or power excuse you gotta find something else.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

RolStoppable said:

More on topic, if EA's market research showed that shitty games don't sell well on Switch, then it's the correct call for EA to refrain from putting more games on Switch.

The Nintendo audience has not grown accustomed to their malpractice releases since they were infrequent over time. Whenever a port did happen, it would come as a shock to those inexperienced clients.

Last edited by TomaTito - on 31 January 2020

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

EA gonna EA. They're just talking straight out of their ass at this point.

Nothing new under the sun. And probably they deem it not enough profit to be made in several of the games they release on PS4/X1 if they were to port to Switch. But yes let's hate EA for not releasing the games we wouldn't buy anyway.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Dulfite said:
Vgchartz Switch Numbers in database:
Minecraft - 1.89 million
Skyrim - 1.15 million
Crash Bandicoot trilogy - 1.11 million
Fifa18 - 1.10 million
Octopath Traveler - 1.02 million

How many does EA need to sell to think it's profitable? If a million isn't enough then that's sad. I'm sure if they released all their games on Switch they'd sell enough to profit and save their company some face.

That number seem low to me because minecraft switch is over a million in Japan alone.

EA are expected to say this because their business model that revolves around microtransactions in multiplayer games and Nintendo's userbases on their platforms have always been the least receptive to this especially as they're platforms sold mainly off single player games something EA wrote off only to prove themselves wrong so obviously they'd do everything to not put anything on the platform the problem for them is the shareholders don't care they see a potential diamond mine so EA have to come up with excuses as to why they haven't made any proper effort.

GoOnKid said:
SwitchUP said:
EA: we cant sell loot shit boxes on the switch, so theres no room for our worthless garbage. Fuck you EA, nobody noticed you werent there any fucking way. This is the only company that's shittier than crapcom. What an achievement.

Activision Blizzard says hi. I fully agree on everything else, though.

Well Activision put Crash and Spyro trilogies, didn't they ?

And those games are well suited for the console

SKMBlake said:
GoOnKid said:

Activision Blizzard says hi. I fully agree on everything else, though.

Well Activision put Crash and Spyro trilogies, didn't they ?

And those games are well suited for the console

And EA put Unravel on Switch because that is also suited.

Now, they won't put a lot of money in a port that they don't expect to profit enough on the system. But as always everyone in VGC is a better businessman than company heads proven by track record of both =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Nothing new under the sun. And probably they deem it not enough profit to be made in several of the games they release on PS4/X1 if they were to port to Switch. But yes let's hate EA for not releasing the games we wouldn't buy anyway.

We don't need another reason to hate EA... and we certainly don't need to defend them.