By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - EA: "There isn't much room for other titles than 1st party on Switch"

Haven't read the whole thread yet.

Why does EA like leaving money on the table? Their investors can't be happy with that. I've found myself buying a lot more Ubisoft games lately, just because they are available on Nintendo consoles. The last EA game I bought was Mass Effect. This was just last year, 2019, on Steam for $4.99 on sale. Before that? Either Boom Blox or Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. Either of those would have been roughly 2009. A fucking decade between purchases. I count 5 EA games I bought for the GameCube alone. I guess if they don't want me as a customer anymore, that is their business.

By the way, I do play Simpsons Tapped Out on mobile. I have spent exactly $0.00 on that game.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
theRepublic said:

Why does EA like leaving money on the table? Their investors can't be happy with that. I've found myself buying a lot more Ubisoft games lately, just because they are available on Nintendo consoles. The last EA game I bought was Mass Effect. This was just last year, 2019, on Steam for $4.99 on sale. Before that? Either Boom Blox or Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. Either of those would have been roughly 2009. A fucking decade between purchases. I count 5 EA games I bought for the GameCube alone. I guess if they don't want me as a customer anymore, that is their business.

By the way, I do play Simpsons Tapped Out on mobile. I have spent exactly $0.00 on that game.

Someone asked the same thing on another thread about GTA and Rockstar....

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Other third parties have managed to sell games on Switch. But I agree with EA in so far that most of their games aren't interesting to Nintendo gamers.

Little bit of advice to EA (since it's probable at least a few people from that company peruse this forum): You actually have to be compelling to sell on Nintendo. Don't pretend it's not possible just because your product manager/producer/pipeline/greenlight system has the creative potential of a puddle of piss. You have to do better than spitting out over-produced revisions of the most overused concepts of the past 15 years.

It's not surprising the company hasn't scored a break-out hit since the Sims, after buying Maxis off of Will Wright back over 20 years ago.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 15 February 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

theRepublic said:

I think EA used to do well on the casual game scene. It might have one day been a major AAA scale pillar. They had some interesting stuff going on with Sims and SinCity, I used to play Tapped Out too, though it took a massive shit in quality a couple years ago, luckily it happened pretty much the same time Fire Emblem Heroes released so I had something else to move onto. Although, IMO, FEH has also taken a shit in quality in the last year or so, and I still have yet to find a game to replace it, so I play more from habit now than fun.

I used to like my casual games. But there’s not been anything super interesting lately.

I’m shocked they haven’t done any major SPORE or Ultima stuff. I think having a casual MMO where players build creatures and watch their success in the galaxy would be an incredibly compelling game.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 16 February 2020

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Same as usual from EA.

But I get it. Nintendo players are hard to reach with games like FIFA and Madden NFL that mostly just promise you to be cool by association.
You have to really make something that's great fun to play and (even if just occasionally) feels new.

Around the Network
Podings said:
Same as usual from EA.

But I get it. Nintendo players are hard to reach with games like FIFA and Madden NFL that mostly just promise you to be cool by association.
You have to really make something that's great fun to play and (even if just occasionally) feels new.

Honestly just functioning properly and fully would work: Overwatch isn't cross play but I've never had problems with it on Switch when it comes to playerbase. 

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?